Rockwall Community Playhouse
by Neil Simon
Directed by Darlene Singleton
Synopsis: Three one-act comedies involving a young couple on the rocks, a couple attempting to relive their youth, and a couple dealing with their daughter who locked herself inside the bathroom on her wedding day… all set in the New York Plaza Hotel.
AUDITIONS: February 9 at 1pm or February 10 at 6:30pm
RCP is located at 609 E. Rusk, Rockwall, Tx 75087
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS & NOTES:
- Bring a headshot & resume to the audition
- Bring all rehearsal/performance conflicts for February 11 through April 14 -- all conflicts must be listed on audition form.
- Be prepared to participate in cold readings from the script.
Rehearsals begin February 11 and may be held Monday through Thursday evenings (also an occasional Saturday and Sunday rehearsal may be planned). A rehearsal schedule will be provided at auditions. Please be prepared to provide a list of conflicts at auditions.
Performance dates are March 29 – April 14
Character Descriptions (All Adult Cast):
VISITOR FROM MAMARONECK
- Karen Nash: A pleasant and affable woman, Karen has allowed herself to look middle aged because she knows she is middle aged. She is witty, and down to earth. She is also secretly hoping the visit at the suite will bring her and her husband closer together. (It is their Anniversary celebration – or so she thinks.) Playable age mid-40s to mid-50s.
- Sam Nash: He is trim, incredibly neat and well-tailored. Sam needs to know he looks good, and also that others know he looks good. He goes to great strides to keep the years at bay, with exercise and a meticulous diet. Sam is a workaholic, but not just because he likes to work. Playable age 50+.
- Jean Mc Cormack**: Sam’s secretary and highly efficient. She is well groomed, attractive, and bright and cheerful. She is also Sam’s mistress. Playable age 25+.
- Bellhop***: Eager to please and will visit as long as he needs to get his tip. Playable age 20+.
- Waiter*: Trained to be friendly and please customers. Playable age 25+.
VISITOR FROM HOLLYWOOD
- Jesse Kiplinger: A confident Hollywood producer who has made his success but still feels his life is missing the kind of relationship he had in his teens with Muriel. He has one purpose in seeing Muriel. Playable age 40+.
- Muriel Tate: Very attractive and somewhat naïve. She is warm, and generous, and very impressed with Jesse. She is unsure of meeting with him, and yet can’t seem to decide to stay or go. She claims to be happily married. Playable age 30+.
- Waiter*: Trained to be friendly and please customers. Playable age 25+
VISITOR FROM FOREST HILLS
- Norma Hubley: Dressed as mother of the bride and trying to appear calm in a crisis with everyone EXCEPT her husband. Married to a Type A personality, she sways from trying to keep him in calm and in control while passively and aggressively taking a stand for herself. Playable age 40+.
- Roy Hubley: The father of the bride with the bills to prove it. A competitive business man, out of his league when dealing with emotions and marrying off his daughter. Playable age 40+.
- Borden Eisler***: The young confident groom, a man of few words. (Literally) Playable age 25+.
- Mimsey Hubley**: A nervous bride, afraid of having her marriage turn out like her parents’ marriage. Playable age 25+.
If you need additional information, please contact RCP at 972-722-3399.
RCP is an all-volunteer community theater – no paid compensation.
*Will portray character in two vignettes.
**Will portray character in two vignettes.
***Will portray character in two vignettes.
1:00pm - 1:05pm CST
RCP, 609 E Rusk, Rockwall