Bear Canyon is EXCITED to announce that we have a Spirit Rock! It is located next to the school sign on Salford Lane. Parents, Students & Staff will have the opportunity to "Rent the Rock" to recognize your student's birthday, show school spirit, thank or recognize a teacher or staff member, congratulatory events, etc. It is a great way to spread positive messages and increase excitement in our community!
The BCE PTA would like to thank you for your donation to paint the Spirit Rock! Donations made to paint the rock will directly benefit your child's school. Please review the following guidelines for reserving the Spirit Rock:
Spirit Rock Policies:
- Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis.
- One family, group or organization per day may paint the ROCK, unless you have paid for several days in succession.
- Daily cost for the reservation is $15. Payment is due when the reservation is made.
- You may pay by taking cash or check to the front office. (Checks payable to BCE PTA and please note SPIRIT ROCK and the date you are reserving in the memo.)
- You may also pay online via Cheddar Up.https://rent-the-rock-18183.cheddarup.com.
- May 25 - August 8th the Summer Reduced Rate is $10 (Please pay before the end of the year.)
- Reserve the date you want!!!! Once reserved you have the rock for 24 hours, from 4:00 pm on the afternoon prior to your reserved day until 4:00 p.m. the reserved day. (If your child's birthday is on March 2 - book March 2. Then at 4:00 p.m. on March 1st, you may begin painting).
- It is your responsibility to paint the rock or find someone to paint it for you. The PTA will not paint the rock.
- The family or organization must supply paint, rollers, brushes and appropriate clothing for painting the rock. All supplies and the area around the rock must be left as you found it. Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any paint or materials on or around the rock or on school property. Any damage to school property as a result of painting the rock will be taken care of by the family or group that reserved the rock for that day.
- Plan to use 2-3 cans of spray paint as the base coat. More will be used if the color you are covering is dark or bright.
- In the event of inclement weather, a family or organization may revisit the calendar and choose an open date for a substitution. This may or may not be the next school day as that may already be reserved. We apologize we are unable to make refunds.
- In keeping with the BCE Code of Conduct and Behavior Guidelines, BCE will not allow any bullying, profanity, obscenity or derogatory language. Please refrain from any political or discriminatory remarks. If there is any question to the wording or symbols painted on the rock, we reserve the right to remove/repaint the rock without notice.
- If you have questions, please contact the PTA or Front Office.
- Don't forget to take pictures of your students with the rock and email them to [email protected] - we would love to share your pictures on our BCE websites, Facebook Page & Yearbook!
Thank you again for supporting Bear Canyon Elementary School. We hope that the Spirit Rock will become a fun & exciting tradition for students and parents for years to come.