Seabrook Sailing Club
Seabrook Sailing Club offers Youth Sailing Clinics for both Beginner and Intermediate sailors ages 7 and up. Spots are limited by the number of boats available, so please sign up below if you wish to attend. Additional information can be found on the SSC Youth Sailing page.
After a successful trial last year in learning and retention, we will hold two-day clinics (Saturday and Sunday) again this year. We highly recommend signing up for both days in a weekend. However, you are permitted to sign up for only one.
Intermediate Clinics are geared for sailors that:
- Can safely and competently sail a boat out of the harbor and return to the harbor
- Can right their boat by themselves
- Know how to rig the boat they are sailing (although they may require assistance)
- Know the difference between a tack and jibe
- Are familiar with sailing terms and the parts of a sailboat
Beginner Clinics are geared for sailors that:
- Do not meet the Intermediate criteria
- Minimum age is 7
- SSC Members - free
- Non-members - $25 (per day)
Parents of non-members must remain on-site during the clinic.
Due to the limited number of Sunfish and Laser spots available, these spots are reserved for SSC Club members. One week prior to the clinic date, any remaining Sunfish and Laser spots will be opened to non-members.
Opti spots are open to both members and non-members.
Items to bring:
- Life jacket (required)
- Whistle (required)
- Water shoes (required)
- Hat (recommended)
- Sunscreen (recommended)
|| Melinda Hamilton