Kalamazoo Children's Chorus
Auditions for singers currently in grades 5-11!
How to sign up for students going into 6th through 12th grade in the fall:
- Select a time slot;
- AFTERNOON APPOINTMENTS are for April 27
- MORNING APPOINTMENTS are for May 4
- Click "Submit and Sign-Up" at the bottom of the page to continue;
- Make an audition appointment under your child's name - NOT YOURS;
- In the comment section, indicate your child's age;
- It should look like this when you're done: Sam Higgins, 13, grade 9.
- Download an Audition Form and fill out only the top portion
PLAN TO ARRIVE 15-MINUTES EARLY AND BRING YOUR COMPLETED AUDITION FORM TO THE AUDITION.
LOCATION: Milwood United Methodist Church (UMC) at 3919 Portage Street in Kalamazoo.
COST: Auditioning is free but space in the Chorus is limited so if KCC seems right for you, you'll want to make a non-refundable $50 deposit to hold your spot in the choir. Deposits are applied directly to tuition ($475 for Prep & Treble, $525 for Bella Voce & Touring, which amounts to $11.87 or $13.12 a lesson). Scholarships and payment plans are available. Please plan to leave a $50 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot in the choir. Deposits will be applied to the cost of tuition.
If your child is placed into Treble, Bella Voce, or Touring Choir, they will have the opportunity to attend an overnight Choir Camp on August 12-16, at Van Buren Youth Camp. Choir camp is $225 and gives your child a jump start on the season and making new friends. They will have an awesome experience making music, sleeping in cabins, and teambuilding throughout it! A $50, non-refundable deposit is required to attend and the deposit will be applied to the cost for camp. Although choir camp is optional, you must be a member of the 2019-2020 Chorus to attend. You can write one check, made out to KCC, to cover both your Hold My Spot Deposit and the Choir Camp deposit.