3 Bluebirds Farm Volunteers
• WHO: We are looking for mature, reliable, dependable and committed volunteers, of at least high school age. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHOOSING TO VOLUNTEER WITH 3 BLUEBIRDS FARM!
• WHAT: Volunteers will be assisting 3 Bluebirds Farm teen & young adult participants in various activities and outings, playing games, table manners, bowling, the sky's the limit! This is a great opportunity for participants to work on their social and communication skills.
• WHEN: Second Saturday of every month, 3:30pm-6:30pm (half hour before event, half hour after event)
• WHERE: Home base is 3 Bluebirds Farm (1001 Horse Creek Rd, Raleigh, 27603). But we will occasionally go on outings.
**All new volunteers will be background checked (Age 18 and over) and will be required to read, sign and return our Team Member Handbook (below) before volunteering. Thank you so much for your talented time - we appreciate you!
3BBF Volunteer Application & Handbook
It is very important that all volunteers arrive on time (half an hour before the event begins -- the time listed below is the time you should arrive) so that we can go over all details before participants start arriving. Please understand that we make adjustments according to how many volunteers we have. If you sign up, but your plans change and you are unable to attend this event, please let us know at least two days in advance. We understand that life happens, however in order for us to make this a successful event for young adults with autism, we must have appropriate support. We SO appreciate you taking the time to volunteer with us!
* We respectfully ask that parents of our Take Flight Club participants do not volunteer. We encourage parents to drop off their teen for two reasons: (1) Respite for you! Go have a cup of coffee during those couple of hours & take some much needed YOU time. We have tons of volunteers who will be there that night, many of whom are super experienced & work with autism every day (including AU teachers & TAs). (2) A big part of our social clubs is to work on social skills, start "stepping out of the nest," and to start gaining independence from Mom & Dad in a safe, protective and understanding environment. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
3:30pm - 6:30pm EDT
3 Bluebirds Farm, 1001 Horse Creed Rd, Raleigh, 27603
|| 3 Bluebirds Farm