2019 Rising Voices Orientation Volunteers
Workshop Facilitators and Volunteers,
We.APP (We Act. Present. Perform.) Young Artists Academy (YAA) scholars are preparing for the 4th Annual Rising Voices Oratory Competition, held Saturday, May 18th. On Saturday, April 20th, YAA scholars will attend an orientation designed to help scholars finalize their competition speeches. It is our job to prepare them for SUCCESS!
9:00 am - 5:00 pm (see sign up times below)
South Shore PK - 8
- Meet & Greet, Complementary Breakfast
- Welcome, Opening Statements
- Keynote Speaker
- Meet & Greet, Complementary Lunch
- 4 Rotating Workshops
Voluneer Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Registration: Set up registration area, sign contestants in and direct to breakfast area and meet & greet
- Breakfast & Lunch Preparation: Set up tables, assist with food serving, encourage contestants to mingle throughout the day. *Note: There will be a caterer on site
- Roaming Vounteers: Direct scholars to lunch and their rotating workshops. Be on-hand to assist during the day.
- Writers Workshop: Read each speech and provide edits and feedback on beginning, middle, and end. Ask clarifying questions.
We are looking for experienced volunteers and facilitators. Please review and sign up no later than Wednesday, March 20th by 5pm. Contact We.APP Program Coordinator, Leisha Muraki if you have questions at [email protected]
Check out last year's competition.
9:00am - 5:00pm PDT
South Shore PK - 8, 4800 S Henderson St, Seattle, WA 98118