Natural Escapes of Cozad
Welcome to the online signup for our 15th annual Spring Container Planting Classes at Natural Escapes! Our main idea with changes this year centers around providing you a safe place for some mental health maintenance planting! We have an open and bright environment in the greenhouses and would like to share it with you! Here are the main ideas:
- We will allow up to six people to plant in the greenhouse at a time. This number of people, plus our employees helping, allows for social distancing so we will NOT have to require mask-wearing. While masks are recommended (and will be worn by employees), we understand and respect that our greenhouse environment can make breathing through the masks more difficult. We want you to enjoy your time here!
- Container planting classes work just like they always have!
- We will walk you through our expert planting tips and introduce you to all the best items for your plants to grow and thrive in your containers. Then, we help you choose the right plants for your wants and needs. For example, where will the containers sit? Sun, shade, or part-sun? Will you see all sides or will the container sit against a house? What plants should I choose based upon these specific situations?
- Next, you plant up your containers in your way with our guidance! Yay for digging in the dirt! Then, you leave your containers with us to grow in our temperature-controlled environment until May when it's safe to sit your creations outside! You won't believe the changes that will have taken place between your planting and picking up. Why? Because we expertly care for your containers to allow for optimum growth.
- If you would like us to care for your containers this year, but you are uncomfortable coming into our environment, please call us at 308-784-4748 and we will collect information from you via telephone. We will plant up your containers for you in your way!
- Cost breakdown is as follows:
- Upon signing up here online, you'll pay your $15 class fee. This covers our costs of caring for your container(s) for the next month.
- When you arrive for your planting class, all you'll have left to pay for are the costs of any containers, soil, plants, etc. you choose to purchase from us. You will then receive a $5 token to use on your next visit! Win-win!
- We have container inventory for you to purchase from if you don't have or want to bring your own containers. Come on in and shop! We have options as low as $4.99!
- You may choose to bring your own containers to plant up. They must be empty (no soil from last year) and you'll need to unload them and leave them in the parking lot. We will sanitize them with our Xeroton instant sanitizer before bringing them in the greenhouses in order to avoid bringing any bacteria in to spread to our plants. The cost to sanitize is $1 per container.
- Soil (including Natural Escapes fertilizer...organic Bio-tone starter, Osmocote, Beju, & soil moist) is $6 per 3.7-gallon bucket you use to fill your containers. We are doing this instead of selling individual fertilizer options this year in order to minimize contact and too many items.
- Plants are individually priced, so you pay for what you plant.
- Please use this online sign-up to RSVP for your time!