Beth Israel is excited to announce that with San Diego moving into the Red Tier, easing of restrictions on gatherings, we will slowly start to re-open our campus for Erev Shabbat services, starting Friday, April 16. The services will be held outdoors in the Price Family Courtyard. Attendance will be limited to 50 guests. We will continue to live stream services.
Some important information:
- Registration will open on the last Wednesday of each month for the upcoming month (i.e., registration for April services will open March 31). The link to the registration form will also be included in our weekly e-news.
- An email will be sent in advance confirming attendance in that week’s service. Only those whose registration has been confirmed will be able to attend. Walk-ins without reservation will not be allowed.
Please use the Beth Israel parking lot and main entrance when attending Shabbat services. If you should choose to park in the parking structure, please remember to bring your ticket with you to be validated at the guard station so that you are able to exit without payment. Both the Front Entrance (next to grand staircase) and the North Entrance (top level of the parking structure) will be manned by security for screening, check in and entry.
Adherence to the following CDC guidelines will be mandatory:
- Attendees will be required to wear face coverings and will be seated in pods, allowing for social distancing.
- Attendees will have their temperature taken before entry and will be asked to sign a health screening questionnaire. Anyone with a temperature exceeding 100.4 degrees will not be permitted inside the building.
- Attendees must provide their own kippot/tallitot.
Registration will be required for each service and priority will be given to members. Further priority will be given to those who are marking a life cycle moment. Families are allowed to sign up for a maximum of 2 services per month. If you sign up for more than 2, your reservation will be deleted. For the time being, there will be no oneg following services.