Greendale Health Department
***THIS CLINIC IS FOR THE
JOHNSON & JOHNSON VACCINE
(JUST ONE DOSE)***
On Friday, April 23, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) met to discuss the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. This expert committee, which advises the CDC, voted to lift the pause on its recommendation for the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine is once again recommended for persons 18 years of age and older in the U.S. population under the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization.
The vote came after an updated risk-benefit analysis found that the benefits of the vaccine still substantially outweigh the risks. However, it is important to note that before and after the official vote, a number of ACIP members emphasized the importance of women under 50 years old being educated by health care providers about this possible rare but serious adverse event after vaccination.
What: Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Who: Anyone 18 years or older
When: Friday, May 14
Where: Community Learning Center - Enter through the Greendale Public Library (5647 Broad St) and go through the hallway to the right and down the stairs
DO NOT schedule a vaccine with us if any of the following is true for you:
1. You have had any other vaccine within the past 14 days
2. You have ever had an allergic reaction to a vaccine or an injectable medication (this includes severe allergic reactions like anaphylaxis that required treatment with epinephrine or EpiPen or that caused you to go to the hospital and/or an allergic reaction that occurred within 4 hours that caused hives, swelling, or respiratory distress, including wheezing)
3. You have received antibody therapy or convalescent plasma for COVID-19 treatment in the past 90 days
4. You aren't feeling well, are currently isolated from testing positive for COVID-19, or are in quarantine from an exposure to someone with COVID-19
Fill out with
- your full LEGAL name
- date of birth (of individuals receiving vaccine) YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 to receive our vaccine,
- email address for confirmation of appointment,
- phone number,
- home address
PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST ALL INFORMATION OF THOSE REGISTERING
Please print (if you are able) and fill out COVID-19 Vaccine Consent- which is attached in the "Related Files" section and read the Janssen Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet.
If you do not review these prior to your appointment, you will have the opportunity to receive this in-depth information at the clinic.