Child & Family Outreach Volunteers
It takes a village, FPC! Please help offer food to struggling families in the Westerly Hills community when you purchase food for your own family. This food will supplement offerings from CMS in the evenings and on weekends.
Bagged food is preferred (see list below) but any nonperishable, individually packaged, nut free item will be accepted. Selections at stores are somewhat limited, but here are some guidelines to follow as you create your bags:
- 1 bottle of water
- 2 snacks (popcorn, pretzels, goldfish, etc)
- 2 sources of vitamin C (fruit cups, applesauce, fruit snacks)
- 2 sources of calcium (shelf stable yogurt and pudding)
- 2 sources of carbs/protein (pop top chef boyardee, cheese and crackers, etc)
- 3 breakfast items (granola bars, cereal, nutrigrain bars, etc)
Please bring bags in by Wednesday, March 25th. Bags can be delivered to the church (enter off Poplar St. and note that driveway is closed). Will is at the front desk and can be reached by phone - 704-507-1898 should you have any issues.
This sign up will address requests for the next two weeks, at which time we will re-assess with partners to determine how we can best support Westerly Hills families. Please feel free to contact Heather Herring at [email protected] with any questions.
|| Heather Herring