Thank you for being a part of Atlanta Pride 2019. Your time and energy are appreciated. Please review the available slots below and click on the buttons to sign up.
The SOJOURN/Jewish Community Booth is located in Piedmont Park at Y(ellow)-24 (NEW LOCATION). It is closest to the Park Dr. entrance to Piedmont Park. Please leave time to arrive 15 minutes before your shift to get oriented.
The SOJOURN/Jewish Community Parade gathering spot is at the Civic Center Marta Station in Row F. on West Peachtree St facing North (towards Ivan Allen Jr Blvd) Don't hesitate to ask Pride volunteers that morning where that will be.
We will post on the SOJOURN FaceBook Page all updates. Find us at www.facebook.com/sojourngsd
Contact us by text at 404-275-4637 or email at [email protected]
TOP 9 BOOTH RESPONSIBILITIES
People are always excited to see the SOJOURN/Jewish Community booth! Everyone from our friends that know us, to those who come over to say ..”Hi, I’m Jewish” is great to talk with!
1. Be punctual, the booth is depending on you being the voice behind all that information.
2. Be Approachable. If you’re on your phone talking, playing games ,etc. people will be less likely to approach the booth with questions/ comments.
3. Avoid if possible, sitting behind the table, people are more willing to engage with you if you step away from the table.
4. Stay upbeat and ready to engage... try not to come across as tired or negative.
5. Maintain the look of the booth, try to keep things neat and maintain the email list appropriately.
6. Try not to leave the booth during your volunteer time slot,(this may not always be possible), and try not to leave before your relief pitcher shows up.
7. Most of all have fun! People are in a great mood, so join them, and go with the flow... enjoy and let us all be great ambassadors for SOJOURN/the Jewish community!
8. If people are asking questions in regards to information you are not aware of please have them write their email information on the sheets provided with a subject and someone will get back to them.
9. Make sure you are handing out the information in the booth and explaining who and what SOJOURN is/does. 4 THINGS -Training/Workshops, Outreach (like coordinating the Jewish Community at Pride), Advocacy (keeping and advancing LGBTQ Rights), & Support (Tum Tum Teen Group, Comprehensive Sex Education, & Family guidance).
|| Rebecca Stapel-Wax