S284 Main Stage Auditions
Stage 284 is excited to bring Pippin to it's Main Stage this Fall! Stage 284 veteran Kathleen Tringale is back and ready for magic! Her vision for this show is sure to bring your love for it to new heights! If you're a singer, dancer, actor, or musician, this is the place for you!
FOR YOUR AUDITION:
- Please bring sheet music for your accompanist, 16-32 bars. Please bring two contrasting musical theater pieces.
- Please bring a headshot and resume if you have one.
- If you play an instrument, please bring it or let us know your experience playing it!
- If you would like to fill out our audition forms before arriving for your audition, please do so here: http://stage284.com/auditions/
- Callbacks will occur Thursday, November 7th from 7-10PM please be prepared to act, dance, and sing!
- January 31st- February 7th
- January 22nd- January 29th
- TBA based on availability.
With an infectiously unforgettable score from four-time Grammy winner, three-time Oscar winner and musical theatre giant, Stephen Schwartz, Pippin is the story of one young man's journey to be extraordinary. Winner of four 2013 Tony Awards including Best Musical Revival, this updated circus-inspired version of Pippin continues to captivate and appeal to the young at heart throughout the world.
Heir to the Frankish throne, the young prince Pippin is in search of the secret to true happiness and fulfillment. He seeks it in the glories of the battlefield, the temptations of the flesh and the intrigues of political power (after disposing of his father, King Charlemagne the Great). In the end, though, Pippin finds that happiness lies not in extraordinary endeavors, but rather in the unextraordinary moments that happen every day.
Equally poignant as a black box production or as a splashy, spectacle-driven extravaganza, Pippin's message is universal and will connect with audiences across the age spectrum.
CHARATER DESCRIPTIONS: https://www.mtishows.com/pippin
For more information please feel free to contact Katie Clarke, our Artistic Director, at [email protected]!
We hope you'll join us! We've got magic to do!