Kilmer School Store
We need YOU to help staff the Kilmer PTA School Store!
Being able to see our children at lunch time also is a great way to be in the know of what is going on with your child during the school day.
No experience is necessary! Volunteers provide a friendly face and a willingness to help sell school & candy items to our children in support of our Kilmer PTA!
Volunteers can sign up to cover the A/B (7th grade) and/or C/D (8th grade) blocks, arriving roughly five minutes prior to start of each slot. Actual lunch times are as follows:
Slot A: 10:03-10:28; Slot B: 10:53-11:18
Slot C: 11:23-11:48; Slot D: 12:12-12:37
All volunteers need to sign in at the Front Office with their Driver's License.
Volunteers opening the store should ask the Front Office Administrators to open the Store Door (only Kilmer staff can un/lock door). Staff should give you the Grey Kilmer School Store Binder in which you will record daily Log Sheets (confirm opening cash and a log of store items purchased for that day). Detailed instructions for opening the store can be found in the grey Kilmer School Store Binder, on wall next to Store desk, and herein (below).
Volunteers closing the store should count the cash in the cash box, be sure the cash box, safe deposit box and store doors are closed, locked and give the Grey Kilmer School Store Binder to the Front Office Administrators.
Specific Details/Instructions are found below (and in Grey Binder):
KILMER SCHOOL STORE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS
Store Opener (Lunch A:10:03 AM - Arrive 10 Mins Prior):
Do not "open" store for sales until the following procedures are completed:
1. Sign in at Front Office, ask staff for Grey Store Binder + to unlock Store for you.
2. Once in the Store, open the safe (on desk) using the code found inside the Notebook.
3. Open the Cash Box (code found on front of cash box+inside Binder), count and record your name, date, confirm beginning balance on Log Sheet (prior day's closer will have recorded your "opening balance" on new Log Sheet for you).
4. Open the store by opening up both doors and hanging the blue flag "Kilmer Store Open" in the holder on top of doorframe. Do not move the revolving basket into hallway -it stays against wall near desk.
LIMIT of 5 students in store at a time, can only enter with Store Pass (on door). Other students line up outside door to avoid overcrowding.
DO NOT LEAVE THE STORE UNATTENDED WHEN DOORS ARE OPEN AND CASH BOX IS OUT OF SAFE.
Store Closer (Lunch D: 12:37 PM-Close w/in that time to count $):
1. Remove blue flag from doorframe, return it to top of revolving basket inside store, and pull the door partly shut (be sure not to lock yourself inside store)
2. Record ending balance, your name on the daily log sheet in notebook.
3. Record "opening balance" (matches your closing balance) on new log sheet that goes on top of your's for next day's Store Opener.
4. Return Cash Box to Store Safe (on desk) and lock safe (code inside Notebook).
5. Turn off lights and close both doors (make sure doors are locked! If not, please notify front office when returning notebook to front office.)
6. Sign out from front office.
DO NOT LEAVE THE STORE UNTIL THE CASH BOX IS COUNTED, LOCKED W/ BOX CODE, AND LOCKED IN SAFE (SAFE CODE), AND STORE DOORS ARE CLOSED.
General Store Sales/Cash Procedures
- If possible, record total individual amounts sold/day in daily log sheet
- Keep money in the money tray and give change from there.
- Some exchanges are fine w/in reason, but NO food exchanges after it leaves store.
- Record any special requests in the NOTES section of daily log sheet
- Checks or Cash Accepted. Checks are payable to "Kilmer PTA"
- Jo will be in most Fridays at closing to assist with weekly store closing amounts and to make weekly deposits to our PTA.
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING!
Direct all questions, concerns to Jo Neuber,
School Store Coordinator,
cell: 703-539-9179, [email protected]
Kilmer School Store in Cafeteria