NTC is excited to announce auditions for our May/June 2019 production of "Come Back To The Five And Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean" by Ed Graczyk, directed by Kim Bromley.
In a small-town dime store in West Texas, the “Disciples of James Dean” gather for their twentieth reunion. Now middle-aged women, they were teenagers when Dean filmed Giant two decades ago in nearby Marfa. One of them, an extra in the film, has a child whom she says was conceived with Dean during the shoot. The ladies’ congenial reminiscences mingle with flashbacks to their youth; then the arrival of a stunning-but-familiar stranger sets off a series of confrontations that smash their delusions and expose bitter disappointments.
9 characters – 8 women late teens - late 30s/early 40s; 1 man late teens.
* Joe/Late teens - Sensitive. A beautiful young man.
* Juanita/late 30s or early 40s – Owner of the five and dime. Deeply religious; the organizer.
* Mona/late 30s – Believes that her child is James Dean's son. Over protective and fragile.
* Mona then/17 – Goo goo eyed for James Dean.
* Sissy/late 30s – Big hair Texas chic; a real “gal.” She dreams of joining the Ice Capades.
* Sissy then/17 – The teenage version of her adult self.
* Joanne late 30s/early 40s - Well put together; a commanding presence.
* Stella May/late 30s – Loud, boisterous, obnoxious; small town girl who married money.
* Edna Louise/mid 30s – Reticent, plain & simple. Very pregnant.
Auditions Sunday January 6, 1:00-4:00pm, or Monday January 7, 7:00-10:00pm.
Callbacks Sunday, January 13, 2019 1:00-4:00 (by invitation only).
All at the NTC Playhouse, 5420 Nave Drive (Unit C), Novato, CA 94949.
Please sign up below for one of the 25-minute small-group audition sessions.
Cold reading from sides. Please familiarize yourself well with the play and script before auditioning.
Non-AEA. Single cast. No fee or stipend.
Rehearsals start 4/15/19, weekly Sun 1:00-4:00pm, Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu 7:00-10:00pm.
Tech starts 5/19/19.
Performances: Preview 5/23/19 7:30pm, then Fri/Sat at 8:00pm, Sun at 2:00pm 5/24/19-6/9/19.
|| Novato Theater Company