Concord Elementary School
Concord Elementary School
Concord Spirit Rock!
At Concord Elementary, we are excited to announce the arrival of our Spirit Rock! It is located on the front lawn of the school. Parents, students, and staff have the opportunity to “Rent the Rock” to recognize a birthday, show school spirit, thank or recognize someone, or write a congratulatory message. It is a great way to spread positive thoughts and increase excitement in our community.
We would like to offer you the opportunity to paint the Spirit Rock! Donations can be made to paint the rock directly to the school. Please review the following guidelines for reserving the Spirit Rock.
Spirit Rock Guidelines:
- Reservations are on a first come first serve basis.
- One family, group, or organization per day may paint the Rock, unless payment has been made for several days in succession.
- Cost for the reservation is $8.50 per day. Payment is due when the reservation is made.
- Reserve the date you want!! Once reserved you have the rock for 24 hours, from 4:00 PM on the afternoon prior to your reserved date until 4:00 PM the reserved day. (If your child’s birthday is on March 2nd, book March 2nd. Then at 4:00 PM on March 1st, you may begin painting.)
- It is your responsibility to paint the rock or find someone to paint it for you.
- The family or organization must supply paint, rollers, brushes, and appropriate clothing for painting the rock. Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any paint or materials around the rock or on school property. The area surrounding the rock must be left as you found it. Any damage to school property as a result of painting the rock will be the responsibility of the family or group who reserved the rock for that day.
- Plan to use two to three (2 to 3) cans of spray paint as the base coat. More will be used if the color you are covering is dark or bright.
- In the event of inclement weather, a family or organization may revisit the calendar and choose an open date for a substitution. The may or may not be the next school day as it may already be reserved. We apologize that we are not able to make refunds.
- In keeping with the Code of Conduct and Behavior Guidelines, we will not allow any bullying, profanity, obscenity, or derogatory language. Please refrain from using any political or discriminatory remarks. If there is any question to the wording or symbols painted on the Rock, we reserve the right to remove/repaint the Rock without notice.
- If you have additional questions, please contact the school office.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your student with the Rock. Email them to family and friends. Later on in the year, you can share them for use in our yearbook!