St. Helen Youth Ministry
Our ministry organizes gatherings 2-4 times a week for middle school, high school, and young adults. Many of our meetings start with snacks or dinner, because young people love to eat (especially after a long day at school!) and because some of the best ministry happens over a shared meal. You can gift us with more time for planning and relational ministry by helping with the time that would be spent in meal prep. Contact us and we can discuss more details!
- Sign-up via Sign-Up Genius or contact Kendel Jordan (Youth Ministry Director) to claim a shift. Right now focus is being given to our Sunday night High School Gatherings which meets after the 5pm Mass
- Suggested serving size for one of our High School Gatherings is enough for 15-20 people.
- Drinks, desserts, and paper goods are provided, unless volunteers wish to include any of these items with their meal donation.
- Meals can be dropped off with Kendel at the picnic tables by 4:30pm, or another prearranged time and place.
- Please try to use foil pans or other disposable serving containers. We will provide serving spoons and utensils.
- Some suggested menus are provided below. We will order pizza or make other arrangements for any meals that are not claimed by volunteers.
Rice and black beans, tortilla wraps or tortilla chips, salsa, cheese, shredded lettuce, chicken or ground beef, sour cream
Lasagna, Spaghetti or penne noodles, tomato or alfredo sauce, optional chicken or meatballs, side salad, bread sticks
Turkey or ham and cheese subs/meatballs in sauce and hoagie buns/hamburger patties and hamburger buns/ BBQ pulled pork and buns
Rice, stir fry veggies, chicken, teriyaki or stir fry sauce, pot stickers or egg rolls
Served with French fries, salad, or mac-n-cheese
Tomato, chicken noodle, etc. with grilled cheese or chips/bread/crackers
Breakfast sandwiches or waffles/French toast/pancakes, with bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, muffins
|| Kendel Jordan