2019 CC Volunteers
Volunteers may begin signing up for the times and areas that you would like to assist with. The advance sign up will close Saturday night so we can print schedules for individuals to sign up at the Orientation. Here are some things to consider as you sign up for specific times and areas:
- If you have a flexible schedule, we recommend not signing up until after your orientation. Individuals that only have a few hours or days that they can assist should sign up now so times that work for you do not fill up.
- Do not sign up for more than one activity per time.
- Remember to allow 20 minutes for parking and to make your way to the registration desk so you can be there on time.
- Advance Registration for the Hospitality Suites and the Registration Desk will not be open until Sunday, January 20th.
- If you are unsure of an assignment, we will be able to explain it during Sunday's Orientation.
We will need 500 volunteers to provide essential on-site people power for this year's conference: the nation's largest annual conference of the LGBTQ movement. We expect over 4,000 people from all over the country to join us in Detroit, this year, so our volunteers are essential! We are seeking local volunteers in Southeastern Michigan.
In exchange for every 4 hour work session, you can attend the rest of the day's programming free of charge! That's right: volunteer four hours for the Creating Change Conference and attend any other sessions that interest you absolutely free!
Note: As part of your volunteer commitment, you must attend a one-hour Volunteer Orientation and Training at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center on Sunday, January 20, 2019. We'll send you a reminder note in advance of the training. Orientation sessions run throughout the afternoon, starting on the hour, from 12 noon – 6 pm. You'll be able to sign up for your work shift(s) at the Volunteer Orientation Training.
Because you've signed up, you'll also receive periodic updates from the National LGBTQ Task Force and the volunteer committee.