We have a build date!! July 9th + 10th + 11th 2020.
*We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation, and as long as restrictions stay lifted currently (May 24/2020) we can proceed with our build.
**Extra measures will be taken to ensure all safety and comfort of Volunteers, including PPE etc.
More details will follow, but we currently can tell you:
• Lunch, snacks and drinks will be provided for all volunteers.
• For those that have severe allergies or dietary restrictions it is highly recommended that you bring your own food.
• Please dress for the weather. There is a possibility of working in the rain or cold so dressing in layers, and bringing rain gear, is highly recommended.
• Bring work gloves and wear work boots or running shoes. Work boots are required if it is a company safety policy. No open toe sandals please.
• There will be some safety goggles and hard hats available if needed. If this is a corporate requirement, it is suggested the company’s standard Personal Protective Equipment be brought to the work site.
Type of Jobs
• Unloading the equipment from truck.
• Unpacking the equipment.
• Leveling holes and equipment
• Assembling the equipment in groups.
• There will be the use of power tools such as drills
• Tightening bolts and leveling the poles.
• Clean-up of general playground area.
• There will be a supervisor on site at all times from the playground supplier.
• A playground build is postponed only if the site is in poor condition and this is a decision made by the playground supplier. As long as the site is workable and safe the build will proceed.
• If rain is forecasted. If it rains lightly we would like to continue with the build. If the site becomes unsafe, the contractor will call off the build for a couple hours or the whole day. Hopefully it just rains a bit and then stops; the community should have shelter from the rain. If it is raining in the morning we would still like everyone to meet on site to decide on a plan, this way everyone can decide together how to proceed.
• There may be some down time if other groups are waiting for other pieces of equipment to be completed. Please take advantage of these times to grab a coffee or a snack.
• If the volunteer feels uncomfortable in doing any task, it is encouraged that the volunteer ask for assistance or let the supervisor know that they would like to be assigned a different task.
We just want folks to mark the date, and be available !
St Bede School
Bermuda Drive Educational Teamwork Foundation
333 Bermuda Dr NW, Calgary, AB T3K 2J5