Middle Run Valley Tree Planting Volunteers
*Middle Run Natural Area, Newark, DE
Directions & Map
The Delaware Nature Society has managed the land at the 860-acre Middle Run Natural Area for over 15 years, and has coordinated a major reforestation project at the park since 1991. More than 55,000 trees have been planted, enhancing biodiversity, and improving the quality of the watershed.
But our job isn't done and we need your help!
Individuals, families, friends, scouts, and other groups interested in helping: bring your muscles and enthusiasm!
- Volunteers dig holes, plant, cage, and water up to 600 trees.
- We ask that volunteers bring shovels, gloves, and a water container (bucket or gal milk jug).
- Volunteers should dress for the weather. We plant rain or shine.
- Children are welcome but each child MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Light refreshments provided.
*Planting will take place at the field at the intersection of Polly Drummond Hill Rd. and Smith Mill Rd. between the VCA Pike Creek Animal Hospital and Little's Garage. (This is not the typical entrance to the Middle Run Valley Natural Area!)
9:00am - 12:00pm EST
Middle Run Natural Area (Meet at field at the intersection of Polly Drummond and Smith Mill Rds.)