Hi! This sign-up is for the Room Parent Classroom Team (if you are looking for the Room Parent Planning Team sign up click here). We'll need a Classroom Team of 2 or 3 people for each classroom, Kindergarten through 5th grade. Parents on these teams will do the following:
- EXECUTE PARTIES IN CLASSROOM
- The Room Parent Planning Team (separate role) will provide supplies, party plan, and directions for any prep work at least two weeks ahead of each classroom party. There are three parties: Halloween, Winter, & Valentine's Day
- Work with your teacher to share information about your parties (create flyer or message your teacher can forward via email)
- PLAN 3 MEET-UPS: The Planning Team (who creates the party plans -- a separate role) will be getting the ball rolling with a GRADE LEVEL meet up at the beginning of the school year. We'd like the Classroom Team (this role) to choose 3 additional dates/times/locations during the school year for your classroom to meet up and connect. This is not a party, just a meet-up! Simple is great!
- You'll prepare a flyer or message about your meet-ups that can be emailed to parents with the help of your teacher.
If you're interested joining the Classroom Team please sign up below under your student's grade level. Once we know teacher assignments in August, we'll confirm the classroom teams and also work to fill any gaps. Thank you!
Questions? [email protected]
The Room Parent Classroom Team is *REVISED* and replaces what was formerly known as "Room Parent." Now, the role will be responsible for executing the 3 party plans and organizing 3 outside-school classroom meet-ups. It is NO LONGER part of this role to collect money, purchase supplies, create a party plan, create a raffle basket, or create a sign-up genius for your classroom volunteers. This simplifies the role so that it is accessible to more parents! Likewise, we create much greater efficiency with planning time and supply purchases. If your Classroom Team opts to create your own plan (not use the one provided by the planning team) that is okay, however, you will need to approve your plan with your teacher and purchase any materials or supplies (they will not be provided by PTA or by classroom money collection).
FAQ: Can I be on the planning team AND be on the classroom team? YES!
FAQ: Can I volunteer for more than one role in PTA (maybe I want to be on the classroom team AND the Holiday Helpers team)? YES! You can join as many teams as you like!
FAQ: In prior years Room Parents made raffle baskets and collected money from fellow parents on curriculum night. Are those things still happening? No. We'll collect money a different way to put toward party supply purchases so you don't have to collect on curriculum night, and we'll be doing raffle baskets separately from this role so it's not part of THIS job anymore!
Early Childhood Parents: Due to time restrictions and other considerations, our EC teachers usually facilitate the parties (so there will be no role of Room Parent Classroom Team for EC).