Hi! This sign-up is for the Room Parent Planning Team (if you are looking for the Room Parent Classroom Team sign up click here). We'll need a Planning Team for each grade, EC through 5th. Parents on this team will do the following:
- PLAN PARTIES
- Create ONE party plan for the entire grade for Halloween, Winter, and Valentine's Day
- We have (tested and successful!) sample plans available as inspiration!
- Parties are typically 1 hour
- PTA will meet with the Room Parent Planning Teams in September to provide further details on the specific 2021-22 school guidelines for classroom parties
- Submit each party plan to PTA at least 5 weeks prior to the party date, then purchase materials for the parties with PTA funds. You'll distribute the materials (along with any prep instructions) to the Room Parent Classroom Team in your grade at least 2 weeks prior to the party date
- Create ONE online party sign-up that allows parents in your grade to sign up to attend their class party
- The number of parents allowed at each party is limited (limit has been 8 people in the past, however, the specific number of "extra" people that will be allowed in 2021-22 has not been confirmed yet).
- NOTE: as a member of the planing team you can have first priority for attending your classroom's party
- PLAN AUG/SEP 2021 PARK MEET-UP: We'd love each Planning Team to "get the ball rolling" on some great family connections by inviting your entire grade to a meet-up at a local park near the start of the year. You choose the date/time/location and we can help spread the word!
If you're interested joining the Planning Team in your grade, please sign up below.
Questions? [email protected]
The Room Parent Planning Team is *NEW* and replaces what was formerly known as "Room Parent Coordinator." Now, the role will be responsible for creating the party plan and sourcing party materials for the grade, versus having each classroom do so on its own. This will create cost and time efficiency, plus, help to ensure consistency of each classroom's experience. Likewise, it creates a less demanding Room Parent Classroom Team role.
FAQ: Can I be on the planning team AND be on the classroom team? YES!
FAQ: Can I volunteer for more than one role in PTA (maybe I want to be on the planning team AND the Holiday Helpers team)? YES! You can join as many teams as you like!
FAQ: In prior years Room Parents made raffle baskets and collected money from fellow parents on curriculum night. Are those things still happening? No. We'll collect money a different way to put toward party supply purchases so you don't have to collect on curriculum night, and we'll be doing raffle baskets separately from this role so it's not part of THIS job anymore!
Early Childhood Parents: Due to time restrictions and other considerations, our EC teachers usually facilitate the parties (so there will be no secondary role of Room Parent Classroom Team for EC). We do want to support our EC teachers by offering a plan, though, and also supplies for the party. We will be in close communication with our EC Teachers to confirm that the party-process works for their needs, so we appreciate your enthusiasm and flexibility!