The City of Katy and the Rotary Club of Katy are hosting the 2019 KATY RICE FESTIVAL held on Friday, October 11 - Sunday, October 13, 2019 in Downtown Historic Katy. Friday night will be from 6-11 PM; Saturday begins with the parade at 9 AM and then the festival from 10 AM-10 PM; On Sunday, the festival is from 12-6 PM. We appreciate your help to make this event a success for our community!
Jobs you may be assigned to include the following:
- Beverage Tents - Distribute soda and water to patrons
- Drink Ticket Booths - Help with the sale of tickets for drinks and putting on wrist bands
- Entrances - Welcome patrons to the festival, handle sale of entry tickets and putting on wrist bands
- Golf Cart Runners - Help shuttle people to/from the festival on golf carts. MUST BE 21 OR OLDER
- Vendor Check-In & Set-Up - Welcome vendors, help them find their booth location and assist as needed with vendors to help traffic flow during set-up (Friday night and Saturday morning)
- VIP- Assist with food and drink vendors and other duties within VIP (Saturday only)
To sign-up, please select the time slot(s) you are committed to volunteering for during the weekend. Once selected, you must click the "Submit & Sign Up" button at the bottom of the screen. All volunteers MUST complete a volunteer agreement and waiver. Please note: ALL MINORS must have a parent/guardian sign a release form before the event.
PRE-EVENT MEETINGS: It is very important that you attend one of the following meetings to learn about the jobs you might be doing, sign the waiver and pick up your t-shirt. The meeting will be at at City Hall, 901 Avenue C, Katy TX 77493 in the City Council Chamber:
- Tuesday, October 1st at 6PM
- Thursday, October 3rd at 6PM
- Monday, October 7th at 6PM
Thank you again for being a volunteer! It's because of YOU that makes this event happen, and we are so thankful for your support and help!
In signing up to volunteer for the Katy Rice Festival, your information will be added to volunteer listservs for the City of Katy and the Rotary Club of Katy.