Fine Arts Ushers, October, 2018 - May, 2019
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to event and plan to stay at least 30 minutes after the event begins to monitor latecomers.
- House opens 20 minutes prior to event (if theatre doors are unlocked earlier, it is fine for guests to enter).
RESPONSIBILITIES and GUIDELINES:
- Programs and Fine Arts booklets are placed on table at entrance to theatre.
- Warmly greet attendees and offer them one of each program/booklet. Try to keep the line moving.
- Food and drink stays in lobby (even water!). Please remind patrons of this.
- Bathrooms and water fountains are found near the entrance to the building past the chorus room.
- Handicap seats are available in the last row of the middle section of the Orchestra.
- If front section is full, guests can also enter from the back of Jones Theatre (at the top of the upper level). Entrance is in the art hall (turn left if facing entrance to Head of School office); access theatre stairs via door on left side of art hall.
- Once the event begins, close theatre doors and stand on the outside of them, or right inside the theatre, where you can monitor the door.
- Hold latecomers from entering or finding a seat until an appropriate break (until musical selection is over and/or until clapping begins). Remind guests to enter theatre quietly, and at the appropriate time, assist them in closing the door quietly. Assist them in finding a seat, if necessary.
LOCATION: Jones Theatre (unless indicated, otherwise)