Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
Please read all prior to signing up.
We have made changes that are very important to know!
TYPE OF ACTIVITY
Volunteers will sort donations from food drives and/or salvage; canned and dried goods food product.
Here are a few very important warehouse safety rules to pass along to all volunteers: (ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST WEAR CLOSED TOED SHOES)
- Volunteers must be at least:
- 12 years old to volunteer
- There must be a ratio of 1 adult to 5 youth between the ages of 12 - 15.
- Volunteer information forms for youth under age 18 must be signed by a parent.
- Please check in at the green warehouse located at 3610 Reed St., Winston-Salem, NC for your volunteer activity. (DO NOT GO TO THE MAIN WAREHOUSE)
- Please send me a list of names (first and last) of all volunteers prior to arrival.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start time to allow time to sign in.
- Everyone needs to fill out a Volunteer Information Sheet (PLEASE PRINT) – unless you have volunteered within the 2018 year.
- Everyone must wear closed toed shoes and no shirts with spaghetti straps in the warehouse for personal safety reasons.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, short sleeve t-shirts, shorts at least mid-thigh in length
- No earphones or earbuds are allowed.
- For food safety, no outside food or beverages may be taken into the warehouse.
- Court ordered or lawyer required community service must be preapproved.
If you have any questions please contact me at 336.784.5770
When signing up please put one of the following in the comment box:
Organization / Company Name
Community Service Type
Thank you so much for volunteering with Second Harvest Food of Northwest North Carolina. You are helping us bring food and hope to thousands that have too little of both.
|| Tammy DeCicco