Second Harvest Food Bank needs your help with our Pop-Up Produce Pantry distribution site. We need at least 20 volunteers for this activity to take place so please share this opportunity with family and friends and encourage them to signup.
Trucks will deliver produce, dairy and other items by 7:30 am on the days of operation. We need volunteers to:
- unload trucks and move the pallets of product to ground level
- arrange product in a distribution line
- ability to operate electric and manual pallet jacks (some needed not all
- open doors to vehicles for loading as vehicles move through distribution line (1 vol needed)
- assist with loading food into vehicles as they move through distribution line
- clean up the site and reload the SHFB trucks with pallets, equipment, etc. at the finish of the distribution.
Activity Supervisor - (report to) Lisa Richardson, VP of Operations – Second Harvest Food Bank of NW NC
Age required 16 and older
Dress Code weather appropriate (outdoor activity); closed-toe shoes required
Physical requirements must be able to repetitively lift cases of produce or dairy products that could weigh between 5 and 50 lbs., must be able to stand for an extended period of time on an asphalt surface; must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
Location address & parking instructions - 1590 Williamson St., Winston-Salem, NC Volunteers will park in the upper lot on Diggs Blvd.