"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."
In honor of the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Second Harvest Food Bank will be hosting a food distribution for our neighbors in need on January 18th, 2021, giving YOU an opportunity to serve.
BEFORE YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
At Second Harvest, we believe EVERYONE DESERVES TO EAT. We are the primary source of food for a network of 430+ food assistance programs across an 18-county service area. Each day of the week, we move 40 tons of food through our warehouses and out to where it is needed most.
Second Harvest cannot do what we do without the support of wonderful volunteers like you. Together, we make individual lives better and our communities healthy and hunger-free.
Due to the nature of this event, heavy lifting will be involved for most volunteer positions. Please be sure to read all information below before registering to serve. You must be 16 years old or older to volunteer for this event.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina will host a Pop-Up Food Pantry from 8:45 a.m. until noon, or until all food has been distributed.
- WHERE: 733 North Research Parkway in downtown Winston-Salem.
- WHEN: Volunteers must arrive by 8:00 a.m. and remain to assist with cleanup.
- Dress Code: Closed-toe shoes required. Weather appropriate --this is an outdoor activity.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to repetitively lift cases of produce or dairy products that could weigh between 5 and 50 lbs., must be able to stand for an extended period of time on an asphalt surface; must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
This is a no-contact distribution. Participants will not leave their vehicles. All COVID-19 safety rules and guidelines will be enforced. Social distancing will be enforced. Volunteers will load vehicles and are required to wear protective face masks. Please plan to bring your own mask.
The Winston-Salem Police Department will be onsite to assist with traffic control.
Have you completed an application?
If you have not already done so, please complete our Volunteer Information Form before you volunteer with us. (Applies if you are a new volunteer or have not volunteered in the past two years.)
Additional Activity / Volunteer Role Details
Trucks will deliver produce, dairy and other items by 7:30 am on the days of operation. We need volunteers to:
- unload trucks and move the pallets of product to ground level
- arrange product in a distribution line
- ability to operate electric and manual pallet jacks (some needed not all
- open doors to vehicles for loading as vehicles move through distribution line (1 vol needed)
- assist with loading food into vehicles as they move through the distribution line
- clean up the site and reload the SHFB trucks with pallets, equipment, etc. at the finish of the distribution.
Activity Supervisor - (report to) Lisa Richardson, VP of Operations – Second Harvest Food Bank of NW NC
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER BELOW.
8:00am - 1:00pm EST
North Research Parking Lot
733 N Research Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
|| Volunteer Programs Team