Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
Please Read All Before You Signup :)
**Please check in at The Volunteer Center**
3610 Reed St. Winston-Salem, NC 27107
You must print and fill out the information form located below and bring it with you when you volunteer :)
Valued Volunteers, we need your help at Second Harvest to get food out to hungry families in Northwest NC. Thank you so much for signing up to volunteer. We understand sometimes unexpected things happen and you cannot make it to volunteer. If this happens please cancel your reservation by removing your name from the signup list so others may take your place and we can plan accordingly. Thanks so much for all you do!!!
We have made some changes to our location and warehouse safety rules.
Please read everything below even if you have volunteered in the past!!
If you need verification of your volunteer hours, you must call to be preapproved!!
TYPE OF ACTIVITY
Volunteers will help sort donations from food drives and/or salvage, sort frozen meats and candle eggs. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on occasion.
Here are a few very important warehouse safety rules to pass along to all volunteers: (ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST WEAR CLOSED TOED SHOES)
- Volunteers must be at least:
- 12 years old to volunteer
- There must be a ratio of 1 adult to 5 youth between the ages of 12 - 15.
- Volunteer information forms for youth under age 18 must be signed by a parent.
- Please check in at the Volunteer Center located at 3610 Reed St., Winston-Salem, NC for your volunteer activity. (DO NOT GO TO THE MAIN WAREHOUSE)
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start time to allow time to sign in.
- Training starts at the time listed for your activity. Please be on time : )
- Everyone needs to fill out a Volunteer Information Sheet (PLEASE PRINT) – unless you have volunteered within the 2018 year or need to update. The link is below.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, t-shirt and jeans.
If you have any questions please contact me at 336.784.5770
When signing up please put your group/organization in the comment box.
Thank you so much for volunteering with Second Harvest Food of Northwest North Carolina. You are helping us bring food and hope to thousands that have too little of both.
|| Tammy DeCicco