Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
Please Read All Before You Signup :)
You must print and fill out the information form located below and bring it with you when you volunteer :)
Valued Volunteers, we DEPEND on you to help Second Harvest get food out to hungry families in Northwest NC. Thank you so much for signing up to volunteer. Your place has been reserved. We understand sometimes unexpected things happen and you cannot make it to volunteer. If this happens please cancel your reservation by removing your name from the signup list so others may take your place and we can plan accordingly. Thanks so much for all you do!!!
We have made some changes to our location and warehouse safety rules.
Please read everything below even if you have volunteered in the past!!
If you need verification of your volunteer hours, you must call to be preapproved!!
TYPE OF ACTIVITY
Volunteers will sort donations from food drives and/or salvage; canned and dried goods food product.
Here are a few very important warehouse safety rules to pass along to all volunteers: (ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST WEAR CLOSED TOED SHOES)
- Volunteers must be at least:
- 12 years old to volunteer
- There must be a ratio of 1 adult to 5 youth between the ages of 12 - 15.
- Volunteer information forms for youth under age 18 must be signed by a parent.
- Please check in at the green warehouse located at 3610 Reed St., Winston-Salem, NC for your volunteer activity. (DO NOT GO TO THE MAIN WAREHOUSE)
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start time to allow time to sign in.
- Everyone needs to fill out a Volunteer Information Sheet (PLEASE PRINT) – unless you have volunteered within the 2018 year.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, short sleeve t-shirts, shorts at least mid-thigh in length
If you have any questions please contact me at 336.784.5770
When signing up please put one of the following in the comment box:
Organization / Company Name
Community Service Type
Thank you so much for volunteering with Second Harvest Food of Northwest North Carolina. You are helping us bring food and hope to thousands that have too little of both.
|| Tammy DeCicco