St. Matthew Welcome Team
Please sign up several times as a greeter for either of our worship services. This is such an important way to create a welcoming atmosphere for our guests as well as for those who are already a part of our church family.
1) Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the service. Fill out a nametag (located on gym welcome table or narthex open top desk) and station yourself at one of the entrance doors.
2) Have a few program guides handy to give to anyone who identifies as a visitor. (These will also be located in the narthex and gym tables.)
3) If you have children or grandchildren, please include them in the greeting.
4) Smile and be enthusiastic!
5) If you are uncertain if someone is a long-time member or a guest you could use the phrase, "How long have you been worshiping with us?"
6) If someone asks about the nursery, please leave your post and walk them to the first floor of the education building and/or find another young family who could walk them over and show them exactly where to go and what to do.
7) The Education Building doors are locked at all times with a keypad system for members with children to use to enter. You can find a young family with an access code or you can use the buzzer at the downstairs entrance and a nursery worker will come to the door. You can explain this extra measure of security to visitors.
8) You may also want to explain Children's Church to anyone with children who appear to be 3K-1st grade. The early service dismisses for Children's Church at the start of the sermon and meet in the Fellowship Hall off of the gym until after the sermon. The 11am service indicates in the bulletin when children should leave for Children's Church and families pick up their child in the Education Building following the service.
9) Once in worship, please be aware of visitors to greet and perhaps pass a pew pad if they are not seated near one.
MANY THANKS FOR SERVING IN THIS IMPORTANT MINISTRY!
|| Jennie Carrington