QAE Summer P-Patch Watering
Our school p-patch is beautiful and bountiful! Many families have had such fun times in our Summer Patch including ours and we hope yours do too! Our school patch needs your help! Radishes are ready for harvest! Help yourself to crops that are ready for harvest or put in the food bank cooler located in the shed upon harvesting. Please sign-up to water, harvest and enjoy!!! Sign-up for as many weeks as you like. Each sign-up is for two waterings that week but if it rains then water less :-) Thank you for your help!!! Happy Summer and gardening!
You need to know:
- Parking is limited. If you have to drive, park on the blocks near the west and east entrances rather then off of Boston. 301 Lynn St, Seattle, WA 98109
- The water key is located in the shed. As you open the shed door it's on the left side. You need this to turn on the water.
- The food bank cooler is located in the shed and is labled.
- The code to the shed is the last four digits of the P-Patch phone number which is posted on the outside sign right next to the shed door.
- The shed door swings open and closed from the wind. Latch the shed door open when you are there. Be sure to return your key and lock the shed when you leave.
- The hose that reaches our patch is the third one from the shed.
- Yes! Fill up the bird bath :-)
- Water the soil not the leaves.
- Respect neighboring patches by not picking from them or walking on their wooden boarders.
- Always be neighborly :-)
- Ask other patch care takers question if needed. There is always someone happy to help.
- Have fun!
What's growing in our Patch? All of our plants/flowers are edible!
- Native plants like Lupine**
- Ozette Potatoes***
- Ground Cherries***
- Pineapple Sage*
- Liquorish Mint*
- German Camomile*
- * = harvest fruit/flowers now
- ** = harvest seeds now
- ***=ripening in the following weeks
Don't miss our 2019 Summer Sessons taught by QAE Garden Coordinator, Andrea Hildebrandt and Tamara Convertino, two awesome community member, volunteers, parents and experienced eco-ed educators. To sign-up for classes E-mail [email protected] subject line "Summer PPatch. Donation of $10.00. All proceeds going towards our QAE Garden Program. Visit the Garden Blog to see a map of the P-Patch, Summer updates and enjoy pics.
Classes on the following Wednesdays:
July *17 & 31 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
August 7 & 21 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
*July 17-A special guest will be talking to us about Entomology - the study of insects and their importance in PNW Gardens!
Queen Anne P-Patch
217 Lynn St, Seattle, WA 98101
|| Andrea Hildebrandt