Bethesda United Methodist Church
Can you imagine (for any number of reasons) that you do not have a warm home of your own to return to each night...or hot food to comfort you? Bethesda United Methodist Church, in collaboration with other ministries, is reaching out to our community to help those in need.
Have your family, group, friends 'adopt' a Sunday, or sign up as an individual. Whether you are able to simply donate an item or are able to serve on Sunday night, your help is a blessing! Thank you!
Spread the word and share with your neighbors, groups, and friends.
Donations needed each week:
1. We will alternate SOUP or CHILI to bring. (Looking for two people to make 8 quarts each.) Please see sign-up for which is needed on your Sunday. You can pick up a container to use for the Chili or Soup (if desired) from Bethesda UMC that Sunday morning before NOON. Please return to the group going to Camden (warm) by 4:45pm. Thank you!
2. TWO cases of water bottles
3. Hot Dogs – looking for two people to donate 48 hot dogs & rolls
4. Homemade Cookies – looking for two people to make/pack 48 baggies with 2 cookies in each bag
5. Water Bottles – need two cases
Clothing: Each week we take NEW wool hats, gloves & socks. Also, we'll collect and take blankets & coats.
1. Driver who can take two 8’ tables (van or truck)
2. Drivers who can take volunteers/doesn’t mind driving into Camden
3. 10-12 volunteers to serve **If you want to go to Camden and help serve - meet in the Bethesda UMC parking lot (King’s Hwy & Railroad Ave) at 4:45 pm to car pool to 525 Martin Luther King Blvd. (Mickle Blvd), Camden. We pull out by 4:55 pm. We usually arrive back no later than 6:30 pm.
Any additional questions? Please either private message Dan Stephens on facebook, text 856-956-9736 or email [email protected].
We will be going up each Sunday Night January 13 to March 17.
Thank you all for being faithful to those in need.
Bethesday UMC to Camden
|| Dr. Michele Blair