Curlers like to eat. A lot! Your donations of items helps us a lot. We are doing all the catering ourselves for this event. We appreciate every single donation from Lasagne, to draw snacks to baked goods. Thank you for helping us make this event a great time for our newer curlers.
Lasagna donations: In Foil Half Pans,
- Get the foil pans from the kitchen at the club, so we are all using the same size pan. We will put them out on the bar with a sign.
- One tip, if timing is tough, is to make the lasagne in advance, freeze it, and bring it frozen, we can thaw it out. If you are bringing frozen, please deliver to the club, in the walkin, by Wednesday 3/27/18, to allow time for it to defrost safely.
- Please label what you are bringing so we know what it is for and who made it!
- Any questions please contact Marietta DiTommaso at: [email protected]
Draw Snack Donations:
These can be brought in prior to the ready at time and you can help finalize and serve them yourself Or.... you can drop them off prior to the bonspiel labeled with what they are and what draw you mean to serve them. For Example: Meat & Cheese trays for draw #11.
- We have listed out what are the most popular draw snacks, by draw. Feel free to use this or tell us what you are going to bring instead.
- Enough for four groups of 8 people coming off the ice, 32 people total.
- Draw snacks feed hungry people who just finished curling.
- Draw snacks should include both some protein and carbs and should be a hardy snack.
- The best ones are home made and are something you might enjoy when you have your friends over for a gathering.
- Good Draw snack examples: Cheese and Crackers with some cured meats.
- Bad draw snack example: Protein bars and bags of peanuts.
- A combination of protein and carbs is what is most appreciated.
- Draws snacks can vary based on time they need to be served. So early morning snacks can be breakfasty fare and late night snacks can be more late night-ish. Make sense?
- Questions can be sent to Marietta DiTommaso at: [email protected]
Raffle Basket Donations:
We hold a raffle basket drawing, where people buy raffle tickets and then put tickets in for the item they want, hoping their number is drawn. Booze in any of these donations is always a big draw for tickets.
The theme is going to be NASCAR sponsors. Pick a team sponsor and build a basket around it, or put a basket together that goes after a need or want, if you were going to the race.
- Deadline for Raffle donations: 3/14/19 dropped off at the club
- Questions on Raffle donations: Please contact Melissa Filanowicz at: [email protected]
- Donation letters can be provided, just let Melissa know you need one.
|| Kyle Marcum, Bonspiel Coordinator