VBR Bingo Volunteers Needed
The RVYS Club needs volunteers to work BINGO each SATURDAY and SUNDAY DAY AND EVENING sessionsfor approximately 5 hours per shift from 11:45am - 5pm and/or 4:45pm - 10pm. The following positions need to be filled for each session: Treasurer, Game Manager, Instants Manager, Caller, and 7-10 volunteers.
- There are two or three specific slots for minors, please insert his or her full name and note MINOR.
- These slots may be used for additional adults and it is on a first come, first serve basis.
Valley Hall is located at 1320 E. Washington St., Vinton, VA.
- If you find there is a conflict with your scheduled session, YOU MUST find a replacement before Wednesday end of business prior to your session.
- The replacement volunteer must sign up through Genius in order for the bingo coordinator to be made aware of the change.
- If a replacement isn't found and you are still unable to work your selected slot, this will be considered a NO-SHOW and you may be removed from the schedule altogether.
- EXCEPTIONS must be approved by the bingo coordinator, Theresa New
- This is in an effort to ensure we are fully staffed and we have a successful session.
- Volunteers - Minors
- A parent or guardian must volunteer with their minor.
- All minors MUST have a permission slip on file at the Bingo Hall.
- Please obtain a permission slip at the beginning of the night from the Game Manager/Treasurer when appropriate.
- At times, we may need more than three minors. These exceptions must be approved by the bingo coordinator.
- Arrival Time:
- Volunteers must arrive by 11:45 AM or 4:45 PM.
- It is very important to get set up and begin selling on time so that the games can start on time.
- Plan to stay until bingo ends after game 23 or 31.
- This includes both the paper AND instant volunteers.
- You must see the one if the managers if you need to leave earlier than the timeframe above.
- Communication Devices:
- These devices will NOT be allowed when working behind the paper or instants counter and while on the floor selling instants/paper.
- ALL devices MUST be kept out of sight.
- They can be used during break, which is usually game 12 or 14.
- All adults volunteering are required to move in and out of the smoking section to sell instants/papers.
- While working bingo, volunteers are not allowed to participate in ANY game being played, sold, etc.