The RVYS Club needs volunteers to work BINGO each SATURDAY and SUNDAY evening session for approximately 5 hours per shift. The following positions need to be filled for each session: Treasurer, Game Manager, Instants Manager, Caller, and 10 volunteers (maximum of four minors allowed per session).
Valley Hall is located at 1320 E. Washington St., Vinton, VA.
- If you find there is a conflict with your scheduled session, YOU MUST find a replacement before Wednesday end of business prior to your session.
- The replacement volunteer must sign up through Genius in order for the bingo coordinator to be made aware of the change.
- If a replacement isn't found and you are still unable to work your selected slot, this will be considered a NO-SHOW and you may be removed from the schedule altogether.
- EXCEPTIONS must be approved by the bingo coordinator.
- This is in an effort to ensure we are fully staffed and we have a successful evening.
- Volunteers - Minors
- A parent or guardian must volunteer with their minor.
- All minors MUST have a permission slip on file at the Bingo Hall.
- Please obtain a permission slip at the beginning of the night from the Game Manager when appropriate.
- Only FOUR of the 10 positions can be filled by a minor, so make certain there is an available slot for your minor before signing him/her up.
- If your minor is working a session, please make a note in the comments field - MINOR when inserting his/her name.
- This will ensure there are no more than four minors per each session.
- If there are more than four minors per session, the last entry may be deleted.
- Arrival Time:
- Volunteers must arrive by 4:45PM.
- It is very important to get set up and begin selling on time so that the games can start on time.
- Plan to stay until bingo ends after game 31. This could be as early as 9:45 or as late as 10:30.
- This includes both the paper AND instant volunteers.
- You must see the Game Manager if you need to leave earlier than the timeframe above.
- Communication Devices:
- These devices will NOT be allowed when working behind the paper or instants counter and while on the floor selling instants/paper.
- ALL devices MUST be kept out of sight.
- They can be used during break, which is usually game 14.
- All adults volunteering are required to move in and out of the smoking section to sell instants/papers.
- While working bingo, volunteers are not allowed to participate in ANY game being played, sold, etc.