Hosting a Backyard Communion is a fun and safe way to come together with your church friends, small group, or neighbors who wish to participate. The short service will take about 30 minutes and will take place entirely outside in your own backyard. Trinity English will supply the pastor and communion supplies: all you need is the outdoor space and a table for the altar.
We will offer the Sacrament using disposable chalices of wine and pre-packaged wafers. All protocols for minimizing the public health risks will be followed, though nothing is without risk.
Social distancing and the wearing of masks will be expected when not taking communion.
Everyone is welcome at the table (Gluten free wafers and juice are available. If you have a guest requiring this, please add the number in the comments section)
If you would like to host, please sign up here.
1. You will receive an email comfirmation for your date and time
2. Invite your guests! Be sure to include any additional instructions, such as if they should bring a lawn chair, where to park or how to enter your yard.
3. Three days before the event Pastor Erdos will re-confirm your event and anticipated guest count and the need for gluten free wafers and or juice.
4. On the day of, make sure you have a table for the altar and a trash can in the outdoor space.
5. Please let us know how it went! Return any comments, concerns or questions to Rachel McAninch at [email protected]