Student Health Outreach Team (SHOT)/ Saturday Scrubs
The Student Health Outreach Team (SHOT) works with the Office of Admissions and Recruitment to facilitate activities designed to stimulate curiosity and continued interest in STEM as a way to encourage students to remain interested in and passionate about a future in medicine!
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SIM CENTER EVENTS**
- Please arrive 20 minutes early if you have not attended SIM Ambassador Training (to be held sometime in August 2018) so the SIM center staff can orient you to the stations you will be running. If you have attended SIM Ambassador Training you can arrive at the time of the event and the SIM center staff will give you a brief 10 minute refresher prior to starting your tour. No prior experience necessary to volunteer for SIM center events.
- If you are unable to attend the event you must contact Caitlin Lythgoe at [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not show up and you haven't contacted Caitlin 24 hours in advance you will be deducted 2 CHIP hours.
- When you get to the SIM center please use the S.H.O.T sign-in binder to log your attendance and hours to ensure you receive CHIP credit for the event.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SATURDAY SCRUBS EVENTS**
- Try and wear UA COMP gear when you come and volunteer
- Meet S.H.O.T leaders in C204 to receive information on what activities we will be doing with the high school students that morning
- It is your responsibility to find a replacement if you are unable to attend an event. Please contact Hayley Kiernan at [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot attend. If you do not show up and you haven't contacted Hayley 24 hours in advance you will be deducted 3 CHIP hours.
August 17, 2019
September 21, 2019
October 19, 2019
November 16, 2019
Dececmber 21, 2019
SIM Center Tours
Medical Student Panels
It is always your responsibility to find a replacement if you are unable to attend an event you sign up for, but we are happy to help - please contact us if you have any questions!
Hayley Kiernan ([email protected])
Allen Doan ([email protected])
Diep Nguyen ([email protected])
Chip Young, Coordinator of Pipeline Initiatives, Office of Admissions and Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|| Hayley Kiernan