Being an SFX HomeRoom Parent is an important one and provides support and communication between parents and teachers especially around upcoming events and activities.
Though this year will look very different, HomeRoom Parents will play an important role in helping to bridge the communication between parents and teachers.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Be a contact person for new families to help them adjust to SFX and answer their questions.
- Organize and/or help the teacher with holiday parties (does not apply to middle school). This may look very different this year.
- Coordinate food for International Night. TBD.
- Organize parent contribution/class project for Calcutta. TBD.
- Call and remind parents to bake for class parties and/or class fundraisers. TBD.
- Email or call and ask parents if they want to do a group gift for Christmas and/or last day of school for your teacher.
- Email or call and remind parents of other upcoming class events or commitments.
- Coordinate teacher appreciation dinners (May). TBD.
- Other Specific Responsibilities:
- 1st Grade HomeRoom Parents also organize the 1st Communion Reception. TBD.
- 7th Grade HomeRoom Parents also organize the Graduation Reception. TBD.
- 1st Grade and 5th Grade HomeRoom Parents help spread the word about the Annual Advent Food Drive to Benefit the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf that both grades coordinate throughout the school. TBD.
Homeroom parent co-liaisons are Becca Brynga and Megan Ohler.
Questions, contact [email protected]