Wake County Beekeepers Association
Wake Co. Beekeepers Association will once again be working an information booth at BugFest. We are looking to staff 3 two hour shifts (Shifts will be 8:30am-11:30am, 11:30am-2:30pm, 2:30pm-5:30pm) with 3-4 volunteers per shift. This is a great way to earn credit within the Master Beekeeper program, get to know fellow WCBA members, educate the public on beekeeping, and EARN A BUGFEST T-Shirt.
Date: September 21st from 9:00am - 7:00pm (WCBA will only be set-up from 8:30am-5:30pm - not the evening time)
Location: BugFest is held in downtown Raleigh just north of the capital building on Edenton Street, on the museum plaza, and south on Jones Street in front of the legislative building.
• Lunch will be provided to all volunteers/staff working 2+ shifts.
• Hospitality areas set up for all volunteers that include snacks and drinks.
• Load in will be Saturday morning from 7:30am-9am.
• Parking will be free and available in Lot 17, under the Museum of History. The museum will send out a parking pass for everyone the week before the event and I will send out to volunteers.
• Volunteers get a super-cool BugFest shirt!
• Please provide your e-mail address and contact number when you sign-up.
We would love to for WCBA memebers to loan any teaching and or display items to be used during BugFest.
We are also in need of an observation hive (with the bees) for display. Please contact Charlie Gaul if you are able to help with this.