The Simple Kitchen
Welcome to the Virtual Version of The Simple Kitchen's hands on baking & cooking classes~ While we normally spend our time working in person at the kitchen with our Junior Chefs, we are taking the utmost caution and using the ZOOM platform to create with you online at this time. We have been instructing virtually since May of 2020 and the classes have been received with overwhelming success. Now we are excited to continue our 2021 instruction with our March & Spring Break classes! The next set of virtual classes are listed below:
Thursday (3/4) 4:30-6:00pm~ Junior Chef MINI CLASS (1.5 hours) MOCHI ICE CREAM~ learn the process of making this delicious and unique Japanese treat~ Mochi is a sweet dough wrapped around your favorite ice cream flavor. Have an ice cream machine? We'll provide a recipe to make your own ice cream before class. No ice cream machine at home? NO worries, your favorite storebought flavor works perfectly! Please Note: A (1) Teaspoon portion scoop is suggested for this class. Upon sign up a link will be provided.
Saturday (3/13) 9:00-11:00am Junior Chef "Lucky Lephrechaun" Grasshopper Pie Baking Class~ Get a head start on a perfect dessert for St. Patrick's Day! This frozen dessert is as green as a clover and your family will feel LUCKY to enjoy your creation!
Tuesday (3/16) 4:30-6:45pm /Junior Chef St. Patrick's Day Meal Prep Cooking & Baking Class: We LOVE encouraging our Junior Chefs to help with meal prep and parents kinda like it, too :) This month's menu includes a traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage Meal that we will prep to be cooked in either the Crock Pot or Instant Pot just in time for St. Patrick's Day. We'll also bake off a delicious loaf of Irish Soda Bread to accompany the meal!
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES WILL TAKE PLACE DURING SPRING BREAK 3/26-4/3
Additional April Classes will be released in Mid-March...
SPRING BREAK MINI CAMP (2 mornings) Monday/Tuesday (3/29 & 3/30)~ 9:30-12:00am JUNIOR CHEF CAKE DECORATING~ During this two morning Mini Camp, Junior Chefs will bake, design and decorate a layer cake! *Please note a hand or stand mixer and piping bag is required for this class. Also, a mid-priced cake decorating set is suggested. Upon registration a link will be provided.
Thursday (4/1) 9:30-11:30am Junior Chef APRIL FOOL'S DAY DESSERT IMPOSTERS Baking Class~ Dessert Imposters is a FUN and creative class where we make desserts that look like real food! Our "Pizza Cake" will look like a real pizza, but is actually a sweet treat! Who would you like to "fool" with your baking creation???
Saturday (2/3) 9:00-11:30am Junior Chef Easter Bunny Cupcake Baking Class~ During this baking class, each chef will make and decorate (12) Vanilla Cupcakes with ButterCream Frosting. We have some cute designs to show you just in time for your Easter dessert!
We supply the recipe and live step by step instruction and you supply the ingredients...
***All ability levels are welcome, however, many of the recipes utilize mixers, hot ovens and sharp tools so less experienced chefs may need additional assistance from an adult during certain parts of the recipe. Intermediate or more advanced level chefs will enjoy creating more independently during this session.
We also welcome out of state chefs as the beauty of Zoom enables us to create across the country!
Some helpful things to keep in mind BEFORE securing your spot: Please read the follow bullet points>>>
- Within a week before class, You will receive an email with your ZOOM link, equipment/supply list, recipe and safety tips. *** When you sign up, Please provide an CURRENT & ACCURATE email that is up to date and easily referenced so you may print and review the recipe packets ahead of time.***
- Please note: The Simple Kitchen does NOT provide the ingredients for this class.
- Please review the equipment list to make sure you are organized and ready to begin class on time. No ingredients need to be measured ahead of time, we will guide you through the recipe and measuring process together during class.
- Have your kitchen countertops sanitized and cleared before class.
- We will email you the day before class to review some helpful tips to prepare. Please be on the lookout for this email.
- During class, all chefs are able to ask questions along the way and clarify directions if necessary. Upon entering the class in ZOOM, we will have all participants muted, but will unmute off and on throughout the class to have dialogue and take comments or questions.
- Finally, we are truly honored to be joining you in your homes for these exciting opportunities to connect with likeminded chefs! We appreciate your support and willingness to participate virtually... See you soon!
Your HOME kitchen! :)
|| Kristin Podolinski