The Simple Kitchen
Welcome to the Virtual Version of The Simple Kitchen's hands on baking classes~ While we normally spend our time working in person at the kitchen with our Junior Chefs, we are taking the utmost caution and using the ZOOM platform to create with you online at this time. We have been instructing virtually since May of 2020 and the classes have been received with overwhelming success. Now we are excited to kick off 2021 with our January classes! The next set of virtual classes are listed below:
Sunday (1/17) 9:00-11:30pm~ Junior Chefs/Hot Cocoa Bombs Class ~ What are hot cocoa bombs you say? Only the trendiest winter treat blowing up the foodie scene! Using a silicone chocolate mold, we will form a chocolate sphere filled with marshmallows and hot cocoa mix. Pour warm milk over the hot cocoa bomb and you will be mesmerized how the chocolate sphere breaks open and creates the most perfect cup of hot chocolate! During this class we will also make our own hot cocoa mix and give tips on how to create your own hot chocolate bar at home!
Thursday (1/21) 4:30-6:45pm~ Junior Chef Home Made Pop Tart/Hand Pie Baking Class: Learn how to make this home made version of the iconic Pop Tart! We'll guide you every step of the way and give you lots of options for filling and delicious drizzles for the top~
Tuesday (1/26) 4:30-6:45pm Junior Chef~ Cupcake Cones Baking Class (please note a Wilton Cupcake Cone Baking Rack is required for this class~ Can be ordered off Amazon for about $11.00) Cupcake Cones are a fun and unique way to bake cake in a sugar cone! We'll provide lots of inspiration with vision boards which will help you creative a one of a kind design! This baking rack can be used all throughout the year~
We supply the recipe and live step by step instruction and you supply the ingredients...
***All ability levels are welcome, however, many of the recipes utilize mixers, hot ovens and sharp tools so less experienced chefs may need additional assistance from an adult during certain parts of the recipe. Intermediate or more advanced level chefs will enjoy creating more independently during this session.
We also welcome out of state chefs as the beauty of Zoom enables us to create across the country!
Some helpful things to keep in mind BEFORE securing your spot: Please read the follow bullet points>>>
- A silicone chocolate mold will be required for the Hot Cocoa Bomb class. We will provide you with a link with a recommended mold upon registration for class.
- A hand or stand mixer and Wilton Cupcake Cone Baking Rack is required for the Cupcake Cone Class. A link with the Cupcake Cone Rack suggestion will be emailed to you after registration is complete.
- Within a week before class, You will receive an email with your ZOOM link, equipment/supply list, recipe and safety tips. *** When you sign up, Please provide an CURRENT & ACCURATE email that is up to date and easily referenced so you may print and review the recipe packets ahead of time.***
- Please note: The Simple Kitchen does NOT provide the ingredients for this class.
- Please review the equipment list to make sure you are organized and ready to begin class on time. No ingredients need to be measured ahead of time, we will guide you through the recipe and measuring process together during class.
- Have your kitchen countertops sanitized and cleared before class.
- We will email you the day before class to review some helpful tips to prepare. Please be on the lookout for this email.
- During class, all chefs are able to ask questions along the way and clarify directions if necessary. Upon entering the class in ZOOM, we will have all participants muted, but will unmute off and on throughout the class to have dialogue and take comments or questions.
- Finally, we are truly honored to be joining you in your homes for these exciting opportunities to connect with likeminded chefs! We appreciate your support and willingness to participate virtually... See you soon!
Your HOME kitchen :)
|| Kristin Podolinski