UNT Choral Studies
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for a UNT choral ensemble. Please select an audition date and time using this SignUp Genius.
Audition Location Information:
Registration - MU 217 (Choral Studies Office / Library)
Audition - MU 230 (Choir Room)
*Please arrive 15 minutes early to your audition time.
- REGISTER for Men's Chorus (undergrad: MULB 1815.500; grad: MULB 5171.505) or Women's Chorus (undergrad: MULB 1803.500; grad: MULB 5171.503) before you audition. Though you will not necessarily be in that choir, this secures your spot in a choir and avoids late registration fees from the University. After auditions we will change your registration to the correct ensemble.
- SIGN UP for an audition time.
- COMPLETE an information form HERE.
- ARRIVE 15 minutes early on your audition date.
- The audition will INCLUDE: (1) a simple ear-training and sight-singing test; (2) vocalizing on various vowels to display range and tone quality; (3) melodic pattern recognition; and (4) a short excerpt from your choice of an artsong (no arias, please).
- An ACCOMPANIST will be provided. Please prepare your music with clearly marked cuts and instructions. Music should be double-sided and placed in a three ring binder. To avoid glare, do not place music in plastic sheet covers or protectors.
- CALLBACK auditions will be held during the first week of classes. Callback information will be emailed and posted on the Choral Bulletin Board (across from room MU217). Failure to attend a callback audition will jeopardize your being placed in one of the auditioned ensembles.