St. Louis will be receiving 1,000+ refugees over the next year with the majority coming from Afghanistan. This presents an affordable housing challenge, which is why we are inviting the entire St. Louis community to come together to work towards a solution.
Right now, we are looking to identify 280 3-bedroom units and 40 2-bedroom units that would be available for refugees when they arrive in St. Louis.
We are creating a database through Signup Genius where people can "sign up" available properties. This will allow us to have an inventory list available for our new American friends. Oftentimes, there may only be a day or two notice of when a new family will be arriving in St. Louis which creates a housing issue. By working together, we can welcome those entering the U.S. who may not have much time to find a new place to call home.
To "sign up a property" the following questions will be asked on the next page:
- Address of Available Unit(s)
- Price Per Month & Deposit Amount
- # of Bedrooms / # of Bathrooms
- Square Footage
- What floor is this unit located on? Are there stairs?
- How close is this unit to a Bus stop or MetroLink stop?
- Minimum Length of Lease (1 month, 3, 6, 12)
- # of Days Notice Required Before Move-In Date
- Who do we contact for a showing or more information?
- Date Unit is Available
Please select if you have a 3-bedroom or 2-bedroom property available and click the green "Sign up" button. Then choose the blue "Sign up and Submit" button at the bottom to get started. Thank you!
|| Jessica Bueler