St. Sava Orthodox Church
CHRIST IS RISEN!
St. Sava Orthodox Church is pleased to announce that we are able to participate in the Phased Reopening of Parishes and Missions in the Diocese of the South. Based on the square footage of our worship space and the reopening phase we currently occupy in Collin County, we are able to allow 21 people per service. On Sunday, June 14, we will evaluate federal, state, and local criteria to see if we can allow more attendees. Please remember that each person in your family takes up an appointed spot, so please sign up for every single person coming to Liturgy. We shall offer three Divine Liturgies per week over the next three weeks: Thursday 9:30 am, Saturday 9:30 am, and Sunday 9:30 am.
Because we want everyone in our parish to have an opportunity to attend Divine Liturgy during this time of limitations, we ask that if you are able to sign up for a Thursday or Saturday Liturgy, that you would please do so. In an effort to allow everyone in our parish to attend Divine Liturgy, we also ask that you only select one Divine Liturgy over the next three weeks. Please arrive early or on time. The doors of the Church will be locked at the time of the Trisagion, and you will not be able to get in even if you signed up. This is not meant to punish anyone. On the contrary, it is to protect the faithful who have come to worship. With the gradual reopening of many things, the added stress has made the less stable members of society even less stable.
You may sign up for one Divine Liturgy over the next three weeks if you abide by the following safety measures:
1. You are not exhibiting any signs of sickness of any kind.
2. You are not suffering any chronic health problems.
3. You have not had contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Healthcare professionals working with COVID-19 patients are asked to remain home.
4. You have not been to another Church service elsewhere or to a large gathering of people in the last 14 days.
5. You signed up for the Liturgy in advance. Those who arrive without signing up in advance will not be admitted.
6. You are wearing a cloth mask and continue to do so throughout the service. (It can be removed for communion, and children under eight are not required to wear a mask.)
7. You disinfect your hands with the sanitizer we provide at the door.
8. You remain on the spot marked on the floor for social distancing. Families may stand close to one another. Children are to remain by their parents at all times.
9. You refrain from touching the holy icons or the priest's hand.
10. You depart promptly at the dismissal at the end of the service, not remaining to visit with anyone or taking children to the playground.
While the Divine Liturgy is limited, confession is available to all. For those who want confession, Fr. Photius will have six ten minute sessions starting at 6:00 pm the evening before a Divine Liturgy: Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. You must sign up in advance if you want confession. It is not necessary to come to confession the evening before Liturgy. If you would like to come to confession on a certain evening, but all the time slots have been filled up, contact Fr. Photius at 469-667-6366 to be added to the line or scheduled for a different time. The sanitation and sign-up protocols are similar to that of the Liturgy.
1. Because of social distancing, the person confessing must be wearing a mask and stand eight feet from the priest.
2. As such, any other people who have signed up for confession must wait outside the building in order to maintain confidentiality.
3. Fr. Photius will open the front door of the Church to admit those desiring confession one at a time. All must exit the building by the side exit.
|| Photius Avant