St. Sava Orthodox Church
CHRIST IS RISEN!
St. Sava Orthodox Church is pleased to announce that we are able to participate in the Phased Reopening of Parishes and Missions in the Diocese of the South. Based on the square footage of our worship space and the reopening phase we currently occupy in Collin County in which the total number of active cases has dropped dramatically, we are able to allow 21 families per service. It does not matter how many people are in your family. Just make sure you stand together, and observe social distancing with other families. We shall offer two Divine Liturgies per week over the next several weeks: Thursday 9:30 am and Sunday 9:30 am. We shall also have Daily Vespers on Wednesday at 6:00 pm and Great Vespers on Saturday at 5:00 pm.
Please remember that if your family should be unable to attend a service for which you have signed up, please delete the name(s) from the sign-up list to allow others to attend.
You may sign up for services if you abide by the following safety measures:
1. You are not exhibiting any signs of sickness of any kind.
2. You are not suffering any chronic health problems.
3. You have not had contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Healthcare professionals working with COVID-19 patients are asked to remain home.
4. You have not been to another Church service elsewhere or to a large gathering of people in the last 14 days.
5. You signed up for the Liturgy in advance. Those who arrive without signing up in advance will not be admitted.
6. You are wearing a cloth mask and continue to do so throughout the service. (It can be removed for communion, and children under eight are not required to wear a mask.)
7. You disinfect your hands with the sanitizer we provide at the door.
8. You remain on the spot marked on the floor for social distancing. Families may stand close to one another. Children are to remain by their parents at all times.
9. You depart promptly at the dismissal at the end of the service, not remaining to visit with anyone or taking children to the playground.
Confession is available to all at the end of Vespers services. For those who want confession, Fr. Photius will have slots available at the end of Vespers: three slots on Wednesday evening and six spots on Saturday evening. You must sign up in advance if you want confession. If you would like to come to confession on a certain evening, but all the time slots have been filled up, contact Fr. Photius at 469-667-6366 to be added to the line or scheduled for a different time. The sanitation and sign-up protocols are similar to that of the Liturgy.
|| Photius Avant