Beach Day Parents 2021-22
Hi, and welcome to the Beach Day School Creative Kids sign-up page!
Creative Kids (CK) is our fun, nurturing, purposeful after-care program. It is available to ALL current Beach Day students, every school day, from noon until 5pm. CK is staffed by vetted, experienced teachers, and is led by our CK Coordinator, Hannah Mason (Ms. Hannah). If you'd like to sign your child up to attend, simply look for the date(s) you'll need, and enter your child's name/age on each hour that you'd like them to stay.
Here are a few things to know about CK!
1. You MUST sign your child up to attend CK... You may sign up in advance, or until 10am the day of. Any child signed up after 10am that day will not be allowed to attend CK. This rule will be strictly enforced, as it affects staffing numbers, child/teacher ratios, and is considered a safety issue by the VDE.
2. If you are using CK only occasionally, you will be invoiced on the 1st of every month, for usage during the previous month. The cost to use CK hourly is $10/hr./1 child; $15/hr./2 children $20/hr./3 children
3. Parents who know in advance that their children will need to stay in CK every day, for an extended period of time (i.e., a week, a month, etc.), may purchase "blocks" of CK days in advance, at a discounted price. (Block prices can be found on our website, under 'Tuition.') If you'd like to purchase a block of time, simply email [email protected], or call the BDS Office at 757-428-6332. Beach Day administrators will then sign your child up (on this sign-up) for the dates/time that you have purchased. Pre-paid time will be noted with an asterisk (*) next to your child's name. The charge for pre-paid time will be added to your ledger.
4. Students staying for CK will be fed an afternoon snack (provided by parents), and will either nap (in a separate, supervised 'napping room'), or will observe a half hour of quiet time, reading books or playing individually. (BDS asks that, if your child naps, you send in any blanket or lovey that they might need to do so.)
5. Students attending CK will be expected to abide by the same behavioral rules that are in place during school hours. Our zero-tolerance behaviors include 'biting, kicking, hitting, scratching, intentionally harming another student or destroying property.' If a student repeatedly engages in these behaviors, a caretaker will be called to pick them up.
Thanks for your support of our Creative Kids Program! Please don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions or concerns.
CK Coordinator: Hannah Mason / email: [email protected]; cell: 757-696-1434
BDS Administrative Office email: [email protected]; phone: 757-772-1150 or 428-6332
CK Rm. 216
|| Creative Kids Coordinator