Corpus Christi Catholic Church
Who can be a Lector?
All the faithful, especially those who will serve as lectors should be properly trained on the following:
- Be practicing Catholics, distinguished in their Christian life, faith and morals
- Must attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation and rest on those days from unnecessary servile labor
- Must confess your sins in the Sacrament of Reconcilliation regularly (monthly if possible!)
- Must receive Holy Communion regularly (daily Mass when possible)
- Must observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church
- Must provide for the material needs of the Church (tithing)
- Must observe the marriage laws of the Church (Be married in the Catholic Church. If married outside the Catholic Church or if single, no cohabitation or sexual activity)
- Must participate in the Church's primary mission, which is evangelization
- Be at least 16 years old (or selected by catechists for family Masses)
- Have received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist
- Demonstrate a deep reverence for and devotion to holy Scripture
- Possess the requisite abilities and temperament to carry out their assigned duties.
- Participate in Practical training of Proclamation and opportunity for practice and critique
- Complete Safe Environment training annually.
|| Matthew Henry