Book My Baking
Thank you for your interest in our “Little Hands Helping Little Hands” Baking Program. All people over the age of six years old are welcome to participate, but the program is especially designed for children between the ages of 6 and 16 who are interested in volunteering. The program gives local schools and youth organizations the opportunity to volunteer by preparing desserts, such as cookies, cakes, muffins, and other snacks for our resident families. The program teaches children the importance of volunteering and helps them become capable and caring young leaders.
- Youth volunteers must be between the ages of 6 and 16 years old and supervised by an adult. A youth group will not be allowed to cook if they arrive without an adult supervisor.
- Groups are limited to a total of 12 participants (generally 10 children and 2 adults). If your group totals more than 12 people, you need to split the group and schedule two dates.
- All participants over the age of 18 must provide photo ID upon check-in. Please arrive at your scheduled tour or baking time. Should you arrive earlier than your scheduled time, you may be asked to wait until your kitchen area is ready for use.
- You are responsible for planning your baked goods/desserts and purchasing the required ingredients. Kitchen utensils, bowls, mixers, and pans are available for your use.
- Your kitchen time is limited to two (2) hours, including preparation, baking, and clean-up. Please plan to prepare items that can be completed within the allotted time.
- In order to insure safety from possible food contamination, all items must be prepared on our premises. No items can be prepped or baked at home and brought to the House.
- Participants are required to wear disposable gloves, provided by RMH-LI. Long hair must be tied back.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document
for more specific information about the Baking Program
and your visit to the Ronald McDonald House in New Hyde Park, New York.
|| Ronald McDonald House