Arvada Center Book Fest Volunteers
A celebration of books, reading and writing for the whole family, the first annual Arvada Center Book Fest takes place at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities on May 19 from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Designed as an event for all ages, the Book Fest includes hands-on activities and storytime for kids, panel discussions and staged readings, an exhibit hall, writing workshops, and a keynote speaker. The Arvada Center is located at 6901 Wadsworth Blvd. and provides free parking at the venue. All proceeds benefit the nonprofit Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities.
Event highlights include:
- Award-winning authors and poets reading and signing their books
- Exhibit hall with publishers, authors, rare and used books, book-related arts, games and more
- Pop-up bookstore with books available for purchase for all ages provided by BookBar
- Panel discussions and staged readings
- Children’s area with hands-on activities, storytime and live favorite characters provided by Jefferson County Libraries
- Spelling bee, trivia and read-off contests for adults and kids
- Onsite pop-up café, coffee shop and snack bar provided by Steuben’s, La Patisserie Francaise, and Hunter Bay Coffee
For additional purchase, guests may participate in writing workshops and seminars and attend a keynote with New York Times best-selling author Laura Moriarty. For information on the event, please visit arvadacenter.org/bookfest.
We are requesting volunteers to help with a variety of roles. As a thank you for volunteering, each volunteer will receive a complimentary Book Fest t-shirt (please wear it while you volunteer) and free admission to the Book Fest.
Please review the available volunteer roles and sign up to volunteer. You may volunteer for multiple shifts.
For questions about volunteering, please contact Alex Schulze by email at [email protected]
Thank you for volunteering and for helping make art happen at the Arvada Center! We look forward to seeing you at the Book Fest!