Join us for our 9th Season and sing with FLOBOTS while we support EXPRESS BIKE and Keystone Community Services!
There are 2 Audition Days:
Nov. 10 12:30 - 2:30 pm
Nov. 14 6:45 - 8:45 pm
There are two audition pieces: One you are asked to prepare ahead of time; the other will be taught at the audition. Please note that we have very limited space for sopranos and altos.
Prepared piece: (see specific voice-part directions below)
"You Find Yourself Here" by Dale Trombore (The pianist will play light chords with you so that you hear some harmonies that the other voices would be singing.)
Sopranos: pick-up to m. 81 ("You find yourself here...") to m. 102. If you are a Soprano 2 and the G in m. 87 is too high, sing a D instead (on the word "life").
Altos: m. 131 to the end. If you are an Alto 2 and you don't have the E in m. 137 don't panic.
Tenors: Beginning to m. 21
Bass/baritones: Beginning to m. 21
Make sure that you have read our participation details.
Plan to arrive at your audition 10 minutes early to fill out a form and to take a few deep breaths before you sing. Auditions are held at Central Presbyterian Church, 500 Cedar Street in downtown St. Paul. Free parking is available in the lot that we share with Minnesota Public Radio at 9th and Minnesota.
Skills we are looking for in our singers
- Ability to match pitch and blend
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to sing with musicality
- Attitude of collaboration, productivity, and helpfulness
- We also ask your current/past experience in a choir -- we take that into consideration as well (such as singing in a college-level choir or in an auditioned community choir)
A few helpful hints for a great audition
- Be prepared! VocalPoint rehearsals move quickly -- we look for singers who are ready for each rehearsal
- Mistakes happen! That's OK; take instruction quickly and easily, as that's a trait we look for in our singers. Mistakes won't ruin your audition, but a bad attitude or not improving might
- We are interested in people who can learn quickly, blend well, and offer good musicality to our choir
Check back here and follow VocalPoint on Facebook for updates. Email [email protected] with questions.
Central Presbyterian Church
|| Jennifer Anderson