We are looking for Parent Volunteers to help with the HMS Spring BUY ONE GET ONE FREE Scholastic Book Fair. We aim to have 4-5 Adults at the Book Fair at all times to help our HMS Students "shop:" locate the prices on books, make sure they have enough money for that selection, help them count it out, answer their questions, BUY ONE GET ONE FREE can be tricky - they pay for the higher priced book, the equal-valued or lesser-valued book is the FREE book so we help explain that, read any notes that Students may have brought in from their Parents on what titles (or types of books) they may (or may not) want their Students to purchase, etc.
Email [email protected] with any questions!
The classroom visit schedule is below and shown on the time slots to choose from. Use that to determine when you may be able to volunteer.
You may sign up for one - OR MULTIPLE! - time slots (April 23 through April 25). For example:
- I'd like to help when my Student is visiting...the classroom visit schedule is below AND on shown on the individual time slots (Room # and Teacher's Name)
- I can help for an hour one day, when my Student visits AND with the class that visits before or after.
- I can stay for a couple of hours one (or two or three) of the days.
- I'll be there for HMS all 3 days...open to close! * I'm a brave soul.
Your volunteering includes the following "perks," though only the * latter is guaranteed:
- smiles & high-fives
- * bottled water
Any time(s) you can volunteer, please know the following:
- When you arrive, first stop into the Main Office with your driver's license for your visitor's badge.
- * You do not need to be a "finger-printed" volunteer for the HMS Book Fair. 1) Students shop WITH their Classroom Teachers and 2) the HMS PTO is fingerprinted.
- If you are volunteering for any time slot(s), please arrive a few mins early to allow yourself time to sign-in at the Office and walk down to the HMS Library-area ahead of your "shift."
- We host classroom visits every 30 mins for 3 days: Tuesday, April 23, Wednesday, April 24 and Thursday, April 25.
- PLUS there is the HMS "Family Shop Night" on Thursday, April 25 that starts at 6:00pm. * We are also looking for a few Parent Volunteers for that event.
- If you are Volunteering for the FIRST "visit" on any of the three days, note that we set up the book fair, and take it down, each day so there are "SET UP" times. 30 minutes before the first class visits. * 60 minutes earlier (9AM) on "Day 1," which is Tuesday, April 23.
- If you are Volunteering for the LAST "shift" on any day, please plan to stay for 15 minutes after the last class departs to help us BREAK DOWN the book fair that day. We build and take down, each day.
Thank you for volunteering! The HMS Students, our Staff & the HMS PTO appreciates it very much!
HMS SPRING B.O.G.O. Book Fair - Classroom Visit Schedule (April 23-25)
KINDERGARTEN: If your HMS Student is in Kindergarten, they will visit the book fair for approx. 30 minutes with their Teacher & Class on the following days, sorted by Room #:
K1 (Lewis) - Wednesday, April 24th 10:30 AM
K2 (Nuzzolo) - Tuesday, April 23rd 10:00 AM
K3 (Passetto) - Thursday, April 25th 10:00 AM
K4 (Neiman)- Weds., April 24th 10:00 AM
K5 (Dupuis) - Thursday, April 25th 10:30 AM
K6 (Grimes) - Tuesday, April 23rd 10:30 AM
K7 (Blair) - Thursday, April 25th 9:30 AM
GRADE ONE If your HMS Student is in Grade 1, they will visit the book fair for approx. 30 minutes with their Teacher & Class on the following days, sorted by Room #:
Room 7 (DiSilvestro) - Tuesday, April 23rd 12:30 PM
Room 8 (Wisnesky) - Wednesday, April 24th 9:30 AM
Room 10 (Boffi) - Thursday, April 25th 11:00 AM
Room 11 (Kibbe) - Tuesday, April 23rd 11:30 AM
Room 12 (Shea) – Wednesday, April 24th 12:30 PM
Room 13 (Schermerhorn) – Wednesday, April 24th 11:00 AM
GRADE TWO If your HMS Student is in Grade 2, they will visit the book fair for approx. 30 minutes with their Teacher & Class on the following days, sorted by Room #:
Room 15 (Kennedy) - Tuesday, April 23rd 11:00 AM
Room 16 (Paolucci)- Wednesday, April 24th 11:30 AM
Room 17 (Hallak) - Tuesday, April 23rd 12:00 PM
Room 18 (Venoutsos) - Thursday, April 25th 11:30 AM
Room 19 (Killmer) - Thursday, April 25th 12:00 PM
Room 20 (Rossetti) - Wednesday, April 24th 12:00 PM
Email [email protected] with any questions!
Remember our NEW website is: enfieldpto.com/hms