Clients Teller County VITA
Teller County VITA (Tax Preparation) UPDATE !
The deadline to do your income tax return has been CHANGED from April 15 to July 15, 2020 as announced by U.S. Secretary Treasury.
Teller County VITA will resume preparing tax returns when the coronavirus closures are lifted. As soon as we have a location to work in, we will reschedule your appointment.
We will communicate to you via this email list and let you know when we can begin working for you again.
Should you have any specific questions, please email us at [email protected] OR call us at 719-229-9868
However, quarantines and closures are still in place and we are not sure when we can return to our location to assist taxpayers.
Best advice is to stayed alert to any email messages we send out as decisions are made.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN APPOINTMENT, CHECK YOUR EMAIL MESSAGES FOR MORE DETAILS.
If you do not have an appointment, and want to be updated as to when we can take appointments again. Please send us you email address to [email protected]
This is where you can make an appointment to have your Income Tax Return prepared FREE of charge by Teller County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
Before you make an appointment ... read everything. Sadly, we are not able to help those who do not come prepared to their appointment. The information here will help you bring everything you will need and will speed you through the process.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THIS FREE SERVICE?
Total household income from ALL sources must be under $55,000 to be eligible for this free service.
We are authorized - and trained & certified - to prepare returns by the IRS, However we have limits...
Self-Employment: We can do some kinds of self-employment income including income received as cash. However, we cannot prepare your return for self-employment where any of the following is true: Expenses exceed $25,000; Expenses include depreciation or business use of the home; A loss is reported.
We also cannot do a tax return where:
- There are proceeds from the sale of stocks and bonds where the cost basis is not included on the form 1099-B
- There is income from rental property
- Schedules K-1 Royalties and Partnerships
- There are other forms dealing with advanced tax situations.
WHAT DO I BRING TO MY APPOINTMENT?
- Social Security Cards for all those listed on your tax return ... adults, children and other persons you are claiming on your return.
- Picture Identification Cards for Adults
- Last year's 2018 Income Tax Return
- Health Insurance information ... sometimes a 1095 form.
For a checklist of items to bring for your personal situation, click this Link: https://coloradovita.org/
Locations & Dates
Woodland Park Library - downstairs at 218 E Midland Ave, Woodland Park on Thursdays beginning February 6, 2020.
Aspen Mine Center - 166 E. Bennett Ave. in Cripple Creek on two Saturdays only on February 22 and March 21, 2020.
What else should I know? The website ColoradoVITA.org answers all your questions. Click here: https://coloradovita.org/
Scroll down to choose your appointment time ... 3 step process.
- Click on Sign Up for the date and time you want your appointment.
- At the bottom of your computer screen click on Submit and Sign Up
- Verify the information on next screen ... add comments about your tax return, if necessary ... then click on Sign Up Now
YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR APPOINTMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ... YOUR SIGN UP WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
Special Circumstances or Questions ? Call Vicki at 719-229-9868
||Teller County VITA (Tax Preparation)