Clients Teller County VITA
This is where you can make an appointment to have your Income Tax Return prepared FREE of charge by Teller County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
Before you make an appointment ... read everything. Sadly, we are not able to help those who do not come prepared to their appointment. The information here will help you bring everything you will need and will speed you through the process.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THIS FREE SERVICE?
Total household incomes from ALL sources that is under $55,000 are eligible for this free service
We are authorized - and trained & certified - to prepare returns by the IRS, However we have limits...
Self-Employment: We can do some kinds of self-employment income including income received as cash. However, we cannot prepare your return for self-employment where any of the following is true: Expenses exceed $25,000; Expenses include depreciation or business use of the home; A loss is reported.
We also cannot do a tax return where:
- There are proceeds from the sale of stocks and bonds where the cost basis is not included on the form 1099-B
- There is income from rental property
- Schedules K-1 Royalties and Partnerships
- There are other forms dealing with advanced tax situations.
WHAT DO I BRING TO MY APPOINTMENT?
- Social Security Cards for all those listed on your tax return ... adults, children and other persons you are claiming on your return.
- Picture Identification Cards for Adults
- Last year's 2018 Income Tax Return
- Health Insurance information ... sometimes a 1095 form.
For a checklist of items to bring for your personal situation, click this Link: https://coloradovita.org/
Locations & Dates
Woodland Park Library - downstairs at 218 E Midland Ave, Woodland Park on Thursdays beginning February 6, 2020.
Aspen Mine Center - 166 E. Bennett Ave. in Cripple Creek on two Saturdays only on February 22 and March 21, 2020.
What else should I know? The website ColoradoVITA.org answers all your questions. Click here: https://coloradovita.org/
Scroll down to choose your appointment time ... 3 step process.
- Click on Sign Up for the date and time you want your appointment.
- At the bottom of your computer screen click on Submit and Sign Up
- Verify the information on next screen ... add comments about your tax return, if necessary ... then click on Sign Up Now
YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR APPOINTMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ... YOUR SIGN UP WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
Special Circumstances or Questions ? Call Vicki at 719-229-9868